MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Anyone has the Team Moon Exhaust Specs ? or Know where can I find the spec ? I cannot locate it anywhere on the internet. I am particularly interested to know the sound db level of the ss dual exhaust for the spyder.

Also any good performance exhaust alternative that has quad tail pipes ? I know C-ONE used to make one but they discontinued that model now..

Thanks !

Thanks !:)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
You might have to go custom.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
I called Team Moon and emailed them a number of times, to save you some trouble they will not use custom tips, they'll also ignore you for weeks, and offer you no discount if you try to buy it sans tips so you can have the unique ones you want put on by somone else (I'm not complaining about that last bit that is just how it is). That said I went to a custom shop here and Portland and they offered to do something very similar (using that same Magnaflow muffler that many companies use offering the same orgasmic sound) for the same 550 I would have been charged.

If you end up having trouble finding a shop in your area that will do it for you feel free to pm me maybe we can work some sort of deal out with this shop, they're called Get Bent and they have their own mandrel bender.

-Spargo

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Spargo, Are you referring to getting a complete muffler with quad pipes ? I currently have the TM Dual SS pipe.. Is there a way to put a 1 to 2 pipe at the tip for each end ? Will it work too ? I am new to this and not sure if this may compromise the whole setup ? If I have a choice, I will stay with my current one as it is a minimal cost for cosmetic upgrade. Thanks.

If you end up having trouble finding a shop in your area that will do it for you feel free to pm me maybe we can work some sort of deal out with this shop, they're called Get Bent and they have their own mandrel bender.

-Spargo

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Basically I had something like this cobra exhaust put on by the guy who owned the car before me, same exact tips and everything, its my favorite design, I think it looks great.

-Spargo

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I like the balanced look of dual exhausts. Quad tip? Maybe a bit much for an in-line 4.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Curious to know if anyone with quads is routinely asked if they have 12 cyls

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Ha ha I've never been asked if its a 12-cyl, I think if you're still under the mentality that more tips means more power you're probably 5 - if you look at just the body of the mr2 and compare the various options I just think the quad is the most aesthetically pleasing. If you've got any more than 1 tip you're accepting excess for the sake of vanity, your options are circles, ovals, rectangles, or dual tips on each side. I prefer 2 small tips to 1 large one, I just think it looks cleaner and oddly to me it seems less ricey, giant exhaust tips would look silly on such a small car but the dual keeps the actual openings small enough to be fitting, if you had just 2 small ports it would look silly.

Obviously this is a matter of personal preference though so please flame on.

-Spargo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts