MR2 SpyderChat banner

401 - 420 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Thinking about getting a body kit since I need to replace the front bumper anyways.
http://www.andysautosport.com/toyota/2000_2005_mrs_spyder/exterior/body_kits/silk_automotive/

Does anyone have any experience with that brand? Is the center of the rear bumper higher than stock? Or is it just me? I will have Che's dual can exhaust which is why I'm looking at this one. I'm not going for an exotic, flashy look. Something conservative.

I think RCNtype had that kit on his yellow spyder. It doesn't look that good in person IMO. I would try to find his old pictures before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't mind that at all. I like it enough to buy it. Not for a while though.....
For whatever it is worth. The shop that I had put my Top Secret look alike told me the one I wanted originally the one you like up there is a bad fit and takes a lot of work to make it look "right." They said I would have to really pay extra to make it look presentable.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have Mac computers and iPhone and I'm wondering why I cannot view the images in this thread. Please help me.
It sucks! Because the links are broken. Those who linked/uploaded must fix them if we are gonna be able to see them.

The first post is 10 years old.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,812 Posts
Why can I not open/see photos in original post? Any suggestions?

When I click on the small blue boxes with a ? mark I simply get a empty image.
Unfortunately, that is a ten year old post and many of those companies no longer make the bodykits. Others have changed their websites so the links no longer work. The post is all but useless now.

You can try this link to japanparts.com for a faily comprehensive link to the Japanese kits that are still available for the Spyder: http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?KEYWORD=&submit.x=72&submit.y=12&dealer=2&car=13&middlesmall=2:11&maker=&VOLKEY=

In addition, there are still some companies like JDL making kits in Europe but most of them will no ship to the US. Luxury Part in Thailand makes knock off kits and his own full full conversion kit. He has ads in the Commercial section of this forum.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unfortunately, that is a ten year old post and many of those companies no longer make the bodykits. Others have changed their websites so the links no longer work. The post is all but useless now.

You can try this link to japanparts.com for a faily comprehensive link to the Japanese kits that are still available for the Spyder: http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php?KEYWORD=&submit.x=72&submit.y=12&dealer=2&car=13&middlesmall=2:11&maker=&VOLKEY=

In addition, there are still some companies like JDL making kits in Europe but most of them will no ship to the US. Luxury Part in Thailand makes knock off kits and his own full full conversion kit. He has ads in the Commercial section of this forum.
Thanks for this info.

·
Registered
20 Posts

This is not my car just my base of what I am look at doing.

I have putting my body kit together for a few months. And have rear splats and side skirts TTE. Not to sure on front bumper yet as have a facelift and if I am honest prefer the early type. But have a cool rear spoiler that's going to look so cool and will look at modifying a front lip off Honda Civic as they are cheap and if it don't work then nothing much lost.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Custom wide body

I have reviewed lot of body kits but did not find suitable for me. So decided to make my own.
Design is in progress now. Hope to finish for Christmas.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Did you use any base flares or panels to start or it is just from the stock panels with only foam or clay to start ?

401 - 420 of 442 Posts
About this Discussion
441 Replies
188 Participants
ToyoBro
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing