MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While traveling today I got behind another Spyder. A rarity to say the least! I followed the car into a large filled parking lot and within two minutes, was able to park right next to this guy, who had a set of aftermarket wheels. Conversation as follows:

Me: Did you ever hear of Spyderchat?

Douche bag: (While dipping and eating french fries into ketchup) Yeah, I checked it out a couple of times. Bunch of people complaining about their cars and what is wrong with them.

Me: (Surprised and shocked) Not really. Mainly just a bunch of people talking about their cars. My car is 11 years old and I have had no problems.

Douche bag: Yeah they changed the wheels and tires in 01 to improve handling.

Me: ( Realizing that I am talking to the only douche bag spyder owner...ever!) Yeah nice talking to you.

And I left!

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is even worse than the time that I saw another spyder owner on the freeway, pulled up to acknowledge, and she ended up being a middle aged woman. Oh wait, that's like, all the time.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
And this is exactly why I don't think this board is the crap that people seem to think it is. I think the board has moved from the twenty-something douche phase to a different group of people who have had roadsters before but don't spend $15K-$20K on cars. I see a lot of people asking reasonable questions in a coherant way. More maturity around here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a kick out of what preferred the age of Spyder owner's should be, and wonder at what age these owners become the Douchiest owner?

In the last few years my wife and I ( live in Florida) have ridden a Motorcycle ( BMW) in Glacier National Park.
Travelled on the bike up and down the P C Highway, ridden Beartooth pass, Yellowstone, the LOLO Pass, Arches Nat Park, Bryce Canyon, Rocky Mountain Nat Park, Canyon de Chelly, Az, Smoky Mountain N. P..( Honda Shadow) Monument Valley, Yosemite NP, and this year we are heading for Utah and Az.
The exception this year is that we are taking the Spyder MR2, instead of the bike.
If Kaustein sees us during this trip, I would be interested to know how old he thinks we are, and do we qualify as the Douchiest owner's??

Even If he doesn't see us, and based on the info given above, how old would people think we are ??

Harryco.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The guy was a certifiable douche bag. Obviously the best part of him ran down his mother's leg. And for old people that might be on this board, I have 6 grandkids with the oldest being 16! BTW, I am not from the south and didn't get married at 13!

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
The guy was a certifiable douche bag. Obviously the best part of him ran down his mother's leg. And for old people that might be on this board, I have 6 grandkids with the oldest being 16! BTW, I am not from the south and didn't get married at 13!
Wow, never would of guess you for that old. Always figured you were in your 20's-30's.

·
Registered
365 Posts
had a 03 silver chase me down one time and i pulled over we started to chat and he fell in love with my team moon dual exhuast and asked wow thats cool i want duals after small chat exhanged numbers and never seen him since other then driving around town

after selling my mr2 btw he was trying to sell his months before mine and guess he never had it sold and funny thing he mentioned in his ad saying people think its a 50k car and ask me how i afford a car like this lol

anyway after moving he texted me one day few months back and asked how did sell my car and for how much after telling him and explained its hard to sell on craigslist people dont know much about the car i suggested him to post it on spyderchat being that he had a 03 with 80k miles and he was asking 8k

next thing you know he texted me two days later and said i sold it on spyderchat fast!!!! and said thanks alot and i mentioned since i helped you out you owe me lunch when i am in saint louis lol

not a douche story but a interesting story lol

and btw kaustein that guy did sound like a douche and most likely will sell it eventually lol

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
I have only ran into someone once that was another cool spyder owner. It was late one night on an interstate overpass and a blonde girl came by blowing the horn with the top down saying nice car. (she had a black spyder) Never saw her again, probably from out of town.

Besides that everyone I run into either doesn't even notice that someone else is driving a spyder or doesn't give a sh*t.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Just remember the old saying "There's one in every crowd"

I've met a lot of nice Spyder people, and hope to meet a lot more.

I'm reminded of something a friend told me regarding other Spyder owners. He said that if they are not willing or have no interest in seeking out other owners that share their interest in our cars, then we probably wouldn't like them anyway.

I think he is mostly correct, we're not that hard to find if someone is interested.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think I can 1 up you. I have done the 2zz swap with ful PPE exhaust. So my car can be loud sometimes. I try to hide it around other drivers unless I'm with friends then I get a little showy offy. There's 1 other spyder in my area. The guy just got it and for about a week strait I kept trying to pull next to him to wave and he kept pulling away. I'd follow until about 15 over the speed limit then back off. Well one day he was behind me, flew up on my ass, then went to pass me. We exchanged glances, he sunk into his seat, put his elbow to his ear, and started to go. I thought you know what, your spyders a transvestite, f you. Then smoked him. He pulled up to me a month later and said I only won because of a turbo... I said no turbo here. He looked at me funny and I ignored him.

·
Registered
22,972 Posts
I think I can 1 up you. I have done the 2zz swap with ful PPE exhaust. So my car can be loud sometimes. I try to hide it around other drivers unless I'm with friends then I get a little showy offy. There's 1 other spyder in my area. The guy just got it and for about a week strait I kept trying to pull next to him to wave and he kept pulling away. I'd follow until about 15 over the speed limit then back off. Well one day he was behind me, flew up on my ass, then went to pass me. We exchanged glances, he sunk into his seat, put his elbow to his ear, and started to go. I thought you know what faggot, your spyders a transvestite, f you. Then smoked him. He pulled up to me a month later and said I only won because of a turbo... I said no turbo here. He looked at me funny and I ignored him.
Racing stories are not allowed. Street racing is not only dumb it's even worse when you have to do it to prove something to some douchebag and it makes you equally so.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts