MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
There is a 3 piece nascar style bar for sale on the board. If I didn't already have the saner, i would be looking at it.

I picked up some lightweight lugs today, and am having the new vinyl cut for the car (haven't had to do that in a long time.) I think I liked the car being non competitive in stock (and only being interested in locals.) this move to street is making the hoosier purchase every year look cheap. ;)

i doubt I will make Dixie, but am registered for the Match Tour in Wilmington. I plan to hit a few more national events this year, so hopefully I can put some faces with screen names by the end of the season.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So with a full set of #2 crash bolts for max neg front camber, would you run a 1in front Saner on full stiff? And what rear camber and toe do you suggest? Thanks so much

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes to running the 1.0 inch full stiff. As far as camber on a stock Spyder goes the answer is always max it out. Rear toe is always a trial and error thing. Start off with about 1/8th inch in total and adjust from there. If it's too pushy they start taking toe closer to zero. With a 1.0 bar around 1/8th should be close, but it depends on your driving style and valvling of your dampers. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes to running the 1.0 inch full stiff. As far as camber on a stock Spyder goes the answer is always max it out. Rear toe is always a trial and error thing. Start off with about 1/8th inch in total and adjust from there. If it's too pushy they start taking toe closer to zero. With a 1.0 bar around 1/8th should be close, but it depends on your driving style and valvling of your dampers. Just my 2 cents.
So max rear camber also? Are bolts allowed there also or is their any adjustment? I have not actually looked at rear yet (car is new to me).

Thx for the assistance.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So max rear camber also? Are bolts allowed there also or is their any adjustment? I have not actually looked at rear yet (car is new to me).

Thx for the assistance.
no crash bolts, but there is camber to be found playing with the stock tolerances.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I didn't get a chance to get the crash bolts but I am running stock everything and have -2.0 front camber and -1.3 in the rear (0 toe all around). I had to get the alignment done asap as I just installed the new shocks. This setting isn't as aggressive as others but the car seems to handle failry well with this setup and I still have the stock front sway bar.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The car will be much better with a bigger bar, whether it's a 1.0 or 1 1/8 inch. It will transition better and help keep the rear under control. Bar size will depend on personal preference, the grip level of the surfaces you primarily run on, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The car will be much better with a bigger bar, whether it's a 1.0 or 1 1/8 inch. It will transition better and help keep the rear under control. Bar size will depend on personal preference, the grip level of the surfaces you primarily run on, etc.
Yeah that is what I am hoping for and hopefully eliminate some more roll. I had the comptech sway bar on my old S2000 AP1 and it was 233% stiffer than stock. Man, that thing was amazing and made the car so much more stable (considering the AP1 S2000 was very tail happy).

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey-o, another spyder is signed up for the Wilmington Match Tour. I have to say, it will be the first time I have ran in the same class as another spyder owner in quite a while.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's me. Eric P. from North Carolina. My wife, Chris, is hoping to make it as well...along with our other co-driver Jennifer Bedell.

Looking forward to making the trip up to Wilmington as I've heard it's a great site. I also signed up for Dixie Tour and Blytheville Pro. Hoping my struts show up from Koni soon. It might be a close call getting them on the car for Dixie. There definitely won't be any time for a test and tune, so it looks like Dixie and Blytheville will be used to sort the car out and hope that it's competitive.

I'm sure we'll be outnumbered by a lot of Miatas :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That's me. Eric P. from North Carolina. My wife, Chris, is hoping to make it as well...along with our other co-driver Jennifer Bedell.

Looking forward to making the trip up to Wilmington as I've heard it's a great site. I also signed up for Dixie Tour and Blytheville Pro. Hoping my struts show up from Koni soon. It might be a close call getting them on the car for Dixie. There definitely won't be any time for a test and tune, so it looks like Dixie and Blytheville will be used to sort the car out and hope that it's competitive.

I'm sure we'll be outnumbered by a lot of Miatas :)
I too am sourcing parts (and kicking myself for selling some) as they are considerably harder to find now. I am about wrapped up, now I just need to figure out how the car does on street tires.

Wilmington was great for the tour last year, the town really opened up for us. There is a small hotel, the general denver, if you can make reservations there for the other two events, it is well worth it. Nice bar, free breakfast (actual breakfast, not a biscuit and cereal), and it runs about $40.00 cheaper than the Holiday Inn / Hampton Inn.

They are having a TnT/Great Lakes Divisional In Wilmington the weekend before as well.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ordered my konis today, i am a strut install and alignment away from being done. i picked up a co-driver to assist with setup at some locals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the setup help!

I took the Spyder out to our TNT today and it was great out of the box. Probably one of the most forgiving cars I have ever autocrossed. It did everything I wanted it to and was much more fun than my GS car (or my CS Miata from many years ago), I may have to get some Konis and play in ES after all.

Thx again and good luck to the ES Spyders at Dixie Tour!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Konis showed up today, i guess this weekend I will throw them in the extra stock struts I have left over, get the car realigned, and be ready to go.

21 - 40 of 959 Posts
About this Discussion
958 Replies
64 Participants
qwrty
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing