MR2 SpyderChat banner

941 - 959 of 959 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lol, no one is scared of me. I’m on old 71s that came with the car and only planning on going to Bristol this year. I need a break after the crazy year last season.

I’d love to see Tim with the car. Knowing him he’ll have it for a year and go right back to the NC lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
Lol, no one is scared of me. I’m on old 71s that came with the car and only planning on going to Bristol this year. I need a break after the crazy year last season.

I’d love to see Tim with the car. Knowing him he’ll have it for a year and go right back to the NC lol
All the cool kids doing national events and I'm just here like, "Rantoul and Peru are nice..."

Am I really screwing myself by doing that, or am I just finally in a good part of the country for nats-practice?

·
Registered
21 Posts
OE Equivalent Exhaust/Catalytic Converter

So for those of you that haven't heard, I developed an odd noise at the Ft Myers ProSolo. Later in the event it became very obvious that it was an exhaust leak. The flanges seemed tight, I'd figure it out later, right? Well on the last run of the event, the exhaust broke at both flex pipes (between the pre-cat and the main cat), and the exhaust pipe was dragging and we blew sound at 105dB.

Anyway, my question is: There are quite a few "OE Spec" exhaust systems on ebay that are WAY cheaper than ordering genuine toyota parts. Reading the rules (13.10.C), it sounds like as long as it's built to OE spec then everything is fine, even if it's not a toyota manufactured part, correct? I want to make sure everyone is on the same page before I drop the money to get this fixed.

Example: this Magnaflow 51140: http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/51140/10002/-1

P.S. Great driving Eric Peterson (xcuzme)!! He beat me by a tenth of a second.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So for those of you that haven't heard, I developed an odd noise at the Ft Myers ProSolo. Later in the event it became very obvious that it was an exhaust leak. The flanges seemed tight, I'd figure it out later, right? Well on the last run of the event, the exhaust broke at both flex pipes (between the pre-cat and the main cat), and the exhaust pipe was dragging and we blew sound at 105dB.

Anyway, my question is: There are quite a few "OE Spec" exhaust systems on ebay that are WAY cheaper than ordering genuine toyota parts. Reading the rules (13.10.C), it sounds like as long as it's built to OE spec then everything is fine, even if it's not a toyota manufactured part, correct? I want to make sure everyone is on the same page before I drop the money to get this fixed.

Example: this Magnaflow 51140: http://www.jegs.com/i/Magnaflow/642/51140/10002/-1

P.S. Great driving Eric Peterson (xcuzme)!! He beat me by a tenth of a second.
Yeah had my flex pipe break at Packwood last year (along with a few other things). I eventually sourced a used unit for cheap from a 2ZZ swap guy, so maybe just get that if you can. FYI the exhaust hangers and motor mounts are the main points that lead to failure on this. I would replace all of them, it's easy enough.

The magnaflow looks like an authorized replacement. Its 50 state legal and for all the information on it, is the same as OE. Cell count is the next item to look for, but they usually don't list that information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have a Paul Brown front sway bar that I could purchase? Or know where one is for sale? I’d really like one for my 03 that I autocross.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Any of you with early spyders need some 15x6.5 inch wheels? I have a pair of TE37s and a pair of Slipstreams I don't need anymore. Both are black, in good shape physically, but the paint is chipped on both from several mounts/dismounts over the years. PM me for pics/price if you're interested.

EDIT: wheels have been sold.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What do you guys think about the 2004-2005 MR2 with LSD in ES? I know the ride height increase was not desirable and during the Hoosier years it was not on par with the 2000-2003, but what about now with street tires?

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,812 Posts
Hey gang, my spyder is up for sale. It’s Adam Norton’s former car, so you guys know it well. It has a fresh engine and 2 full sets of matching SSRs. You could be one of the only spiders on the grid without mismatched front and rear wheels lol!

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/love-hair-styling-and-pax-ive-got-the-car-for-you-mr2-spyder-wfresh-engine/142741/page1/
Congratulations on the car taking Dixie 2019. I saw this photo on the Solo Matters Facebook feed:
53886036_2235764919813979_3052599403782078464_n.jpg

What tires were used for the wet conditions?

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,812 Posts
Congrats to all the Spyder drivers that took the top 3 places and 6 of the top 7 spots at Charlotte!

941 - 959 of 959 Posts
About this Discussion
958 Replies
64 Participants
qwrty
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing