MR2 SpyderChat banner

221 - 226 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
This might be an incredibly stupid question, but WTH, I've never let that stop me before. I have a sandblasting cabinet in my garage for my job. Would it be workable or advisable to just stick the manifold in the cabinet and blast the remaining pre-cat media out with glass bead? Glass bead would not harm the interior (I think?) and would throughly remove every iota of pre-cat material. Then a high pressure air blast to clean. What say the sages?
Yeah, that would work.
It's somewhat extreme, however.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
This might be an incredibly stupid question, but WTH, I've never let that stop me before. I have a sandblasting cabinet in my garage for my job. Would it be workable or advisable to just stick the manifold in the cabinet and blast the remaining pre-cat media out with glass bead? Glass bead would not harm the interior (I think?) and would throughly remove every iota of pre-cat material. Then a high pressure air blast to clean. What say the sages?
The manifold should come out looking beautiful. If yours comes out nice, maybe I'll get mine sandblasted too. Please post photos.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The manifold should come out looking beautiful. If yours comes out nice, maybe I'll get mine sandblasted too. Please post photos.

Will do, if I go that route. If you try this, be sure to blast with glass bead or something softer. Lots of places regularly use aluminum oxide or iron ore, and I'm sure that would not be good for it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
200 MR2 precat

we are about to pick up our "fun car" , 2000 green spyder with 45K miles. been reading about the precats problem and wondered if anyone has just replaced the factory with the magnaflow product and what if any is the difference/hazards/benefits??

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe he's talking about this header with integrated precats made by Magnaflow. I don't know if anyone has ever actually bought these since gutting the precats is a much more economical solution and even in California you'd most likely still pass emissions just fine.

221 - 226 of 226 Posts