1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
As I recall the owner got a nice well deserved bashing on here.
No I had nothing to do with it but our resident 2zz enthusiasts took him to task and as I recall the guy ended up looking like a boob.

For me personally I never though you could rice out an Elise and I guess I was proven wrong.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
If I recall correctly he was also banned after he got tarred and feathered not just on this site but on the Elise board. Apparently money can buy you a fast car too bad it can't buy you any class.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
98iuhy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dont know him or talk to him but he made a beautiful car. How many other twin charged setups are out there for the 2zz? I bet his car is a lot of fun to drive. I dont see how his car could be considered "riced" out.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I've always seen this car here in Los Angeles car shows and even on the Muholland canyons and Speedhunters finally featured it. Makes me realize how slow my 196whp 2ZZ is now -_-

Now that's a well done 2ZZ

More here
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2012/03/15/car-feature-gt-gt-canyon-carving-king.aspx
I saw this on SH a few days ago. I don't know or care anything about the previous or current owners, that setup is beautiful. The engine is outstanding, and I like the rest of the car as well. With so much money spent I don't know why it doesn't have a sequential gearbox yet, but it's still an outstanding vehicle. I'd love to see a current video of it being pushed a hard and proper 10/10ths. :icon_twisted: SV

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It doesn't matter

... If he gets banned on forums. That's the silliest and perhaps dumbest remark made against a car of this caliber. Even if he has a lot of money--that's a moot point. Some of you folks probably need to get off the internet once in awhile.

Clearly anyone who detest the car and heck, even the owner, are just jealous. Plain and simple.

"Class" doesn't matter. The guy hasn't committed murder, homicide, or any grievous crime. Some of the folks on Spyderchat need to stop getting so butt-hurt and overly sensitive.

Quite frankly the owner of the car probably doesn't care about the negativity from anyone if he's able to build the car to that level.

What I think I would find funny is if he let anyone who asked to drive his car and drive it, their perspective about the owner would immediately change.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
... If he gets banned on forums. That's the silliest and perhaps dumbest remark made against a car of this caliber. Even if he has a lot of money--that's a moot point. Some of you folks probably need to get off the internet once in awhile.

Clearly anyone who detest the car and heck, even the owner, are just jealous. Plain and simple.

"Class" doesn't matter. The guy hasn't committed murder, homicide, or any grievous crime. Some of the folks on Spyderchat need to stop getting so butt-hurt and overly sensitive.

Quite frankly the owner of the car probably doesn't care about the negativity from anyone if he's able to build the car to that level.

What I think I would find funny is if he let anyone who asked to drive his car and drive it, their perspective about the owner would immediately change.
It's called having an opinion based on the facts. Small talk for some of us who have already discussed this topic to ad nausea . This is a very old topic but since you brought it up I have have some information that people may like to know because the guy's behavior is hilarious and as entertaining as the car.

And the owner did care about what he perceived as negativity and that's why he was banned more or less because he was called out on a lot of things including his behavior on multiple forums because he wasn't worshiped.

I don't have a horse in this, it's not my car but I don't mind commenting on it based on my personal opinion of it and not the owner. There are cars that are done much better and the owners maybe a genuine A hole and douche bag but I would never hold it against the car.

If he let me drive his car it doesn't mean he is a cool guy, maybe that's his John Wayne Gacy hook.
I have had several people let me drive their cars and others that didn't for whatever reason but I never used that to judge a person let alone any stranger.

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Get real, I do have to admit I do get a little jealous when I see a fine car pull up like an old Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer or California Spyder in mint condition but seriously this car.

Like I said before If I liked the car and didn't like the owner my comment would have been " it's a nice car too bad the owner is a real douchebag" .

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Rice?

OK - I'm gonna go with Dev on this one. Though I agree the engine is a thing of beauty, I'm completely underwhelmed by the way the car looks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.