MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is probably 75 remaining phantom grey cars in the US 2004-05. I have most of the 2005 listed 24 cars and have two of them in the family. Trying to find as many of the remaining 2004 cars as possible. My friend Randy has two 2004s. Help with my search. Thanks
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

·
Registered
764 Posts
Why?? Would it not be better to spend your time on more useful things.. maybe volunteering or something.. life is very short!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We all have hobbies. I have enjoyed learning and sharing information about our spyders. I already volunteer for plenty of things and enjoy my retirement, travel and other hobbies. Yes life is short and we all try to make the best of it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Perhaps he should just hoard TRD parts so he an sell them off to new members at ridiculous markups instead... Much better use of time.
Haven't bought or sold any TRD stuff in a couple years.. there's a difference between list price and actual selling price which is done through pm.. all that stuff is worth more today

·
Registered
161 Posts
I actually recently spotted a newer facelift model in phantom grey parked at a business on my drive to work. It was spotted in North Austin probably a month ago.

Didnt know it was called phantom grey, but it looked really good in person. The pictures dont do it justice.

I look over there everyday I pass by, but haven't seen it since.

If I see it again, I will stop and take a picture for you.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would like to keep this post on topic if possible. Since I have all the vin numbers on the 2005s, the phantom grey cars were easy. I carfaxed all of them and have location and mileage. I am not taking the time to find and record all of the few thousand 2004 cars. I have been able to find about 15 of the 2004 phantom grey cars. I have information on 40+ of the maybe 75 remaining phantom grey cars sold in the US.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually recently spotted a newer facelift model in phantom grey parked at a business on my drive to work. It was spotted in North Austin probably a month ago.

Didnt know it was called phantom grey, but it looked really good in person. The pictures dont do it justice.

I look over there everyday I pass by, but haven't seen it since.

If I see it again, I will stop and take a picture for you.
jtdfr320X40066950 1e3 Grey/red lb30 58k miles Houston TX fs 7/20 $11k ls SMT now a stick

This one was sold in Texas a few years ago. Likely this car which was a SMT and is now a stick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
has there been an updated list for this? i’m curious to see how many are left since 2013
I have all the US 2005s PGP on a list. 24 total cars sold (I have two) and some dead some super high mileage. Estimated 75 in 2004 so maybe 50 left. So there may be 60-70 US PGP cars that remain. Lowest mileage example to date is 40k miles. Highest option cars my two with limited slip and the z1 option.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have all the US 2005s PGP on a list. 24 total cars sold (I have two) and some dead some super high mileage. Estimated 75 in 2004 so maybe 50 left. So there may be 60-70 US PGP cars that remain. Lowest mileage example to date is 40k miles. Highest option cars my two with limited slip and the z1 option.

·
Registered
676 Posts
jtdfr320X40066950 1e3 Grey/red lb30 58k miles Houston TX fs 7/20 $11k ls SMT now a stick

This one was sold in Texas a few years ago. Likely this car which was a SMT and is now a stick.
I spotted one in San Antonio 11/2020... Out in the rain too. I guess this was probably the same car.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ha. So now you have three PGP cars ?!? Let me know when you run out of room and I'll stop by and pick one up.
No, just added one to the list that has as low mileage as mine. There are now 24 pgp 2005 10 smt and 14 stick. A couple dead of this group and super high mileage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts