MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Special edition Evora GTE by Swiss Beatz:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...41398298.73789.135849009792886&type=3&theater

http://wot.motortrend.com/video-fin...us-evora-swizz-beatz-edition-and-swizz-beatz/

My friend actually saw this car in the city and shot me a pic. It looks even better in the pic she sent me. In daylight its a blend between the two links. Some pics of when she saw it:

I want to paint my wheels this chrome reddish orange. What you guys think? My car is silver.

Can someone do a photoshop for me please?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I support it, but I would recommend spending big money to get it painted correctly- stripped, primed, layered paint, clear coat. Then keep them super clean.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I support it, but I would recommend spending big money to get it painted correctly- stripped, primed, layered paint, clear coat. Then keep them super clean.
Yes fancy paint at a average attempt is a big no-no.

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to do it correctly however can the paint stripper be used with the tire still on if i'm careful? Just that the tires are a pain to get on the wheel if I dismounted them.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I am going to do it correctly however can the paint stripper be used with the tire still on if i'm careful? Just that the tires are a pain to get on the wheel if I dismounted them.
No. I wouldn't use a chemical stripper either- use a media blaster.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think that color would look nice on a silver spyder, paint with the tires on, I painted mine black then got tires mounted and they chipped up my paint job (mine was a DIY spray job though)

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm this is the only one I have with the wheels on.

One of my friends is getting a media blaster kit, maybe i can use it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I painted right over my RPF1's and they probably did 40k miles with only a couple chips. Did it pretty thick - Used a whole can of wheel paint and wheel clear coat on each wheel. Very light coats (more of a dusting than a coating).

https://picasaweb.google.com/101917176603297073384/ForSale#5616116051554249650

A multistage paint job might be different, but I wouldn't say that you can't do it at home as long as you know someone who knows how to lay paint down.

·
Registered
362 Posts
ooo I was thinking of something similair to my wheels spokes only, but in a lighter shade...but thats after other things...if anyone do proceed, GL!

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks alot Seantc.

I've changed my mind and will not paint them just yet. Didn't want to deal with dismount/mounting of tires to do it right so I will wait until my current tires are done then paint. Give me more time to decide about color since i probably wont be able to get the paint code for that evora color.

·
Registered
563 Posts
If you need the color code for the paint let me know, I have access to all the lotus info :eusa_shhh:

·
Registered
9,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you need the color code for the paint let me know, I have access to all the lotus info :eusa_shhh:
Oh really, please keep my dream alive. :lol: If you know the code of this edition Evora please post it here.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I stupidly thought this thread was about painting to whole car, sorry. Painting wheels a bright color is too rice IMHO. But I don't know the context.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts