MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having some head work done on my motor, 1ZZ-FE, and thought this might be a good time to have a cam put in. I am undecided on which cam to use. There are three options that I think that I could use. All are from Crower stage one, stage two and stage to with FI. I am thinking, if I can find one, of modifying the TRD supercharger for the collora/matrix and going FI. I live in Utah and we have the same emissions standards as southern California. So, the question is which one and still pass emissions. As well as, if the best option is the stage two with the FI how well would it run without the supercharger. I realize that the to get the most of both I should run a free standing engine computer. I don't really want to go that route because it would not pass the emissions test.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
I put the Crower stage 1 cams in my 1ZZ with a ported and polished head, there was a hp gain at the very top of the curve, but torque actually went down on the low end, and up very slightly on the high end.

When I went back to the stock head, for other reasons, the Crower stage 1 cams now "seat of the pants" seem to be a little more torquey from around 2,500-3,500 RPM than the stock car was earlier.

I'd talk to Crower about what you plan on doing, and ask them which would work for your blower and boost goals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts