MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering selling my Spyder. I love this car, but I haven't driven it in over 2 years, ever since my 2zz expired at the track. I could have just tossed another 2zz at it and called it a day, but I'm a strong believer in 改善, and in doing it right the 1st time. If I can't do it right, I'd rather not do it at all, because I know I won't be satisfied with the outcome. That said, it'll cost me around $8k in parts (proper oil management, proper fuel management, proper air and exhaust management, proper internals, and proper turbocharging system) to do it right. With the economy being horseshit for anyone not wealthy, and my income dropping lower and lower every year, its been impossible for me to save $8k in the last 2+ years. Now I'm a full time student again, and unless I win the lottery there is very little chance that my build will be started and finished before 2014 when I graduate and hopefully re-enter the workforce with a stronger income. By that time I'll be able to buy a used Elise for what I paid for my Spyder in 2006. If I sell the Spyder now, I can use that money towards books, classes, and living expenses. Its a goddamn difficult decision that I don't want to make, but its most likely the right one.

GI: 2002 202 Black 2zz swapped Hardtop Spyder with tons of upgrades but a blown motor $5000,

or

GI: 2002 202 Black Hardtop Spyder with tons of upgrades and a running 2zz $8000.

SV

·
Registered
587 Posts
Interested in the spyder with the blown engine, any pics. I have all the right parts waiting for a new donor.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Buy a decent 1ZZ for $1K, put it in, and finish school. You can get your $1K back, or most of it, if you don't put too many miles on it.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I think your PM's are off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts