MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sorry folks, you cant handle these vids. ..

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Man so insecure he has to blow his own trumpet, rather sad and pathetic really.

Well done on your lady though, so many of those mail order brides suffocate during shipment.:lol:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm guessing you haven't had a really good crash yet? A head-on and your dead. Wheelchairs are forever and to me, it's not worth it for a few minutes adrenaline. You should take it to the track.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've been riding about 11 years; crashed on the track a couple times; never a "really big crash". if and/or when i do, i'm sure all you mommy boys will think i will have 'learned my lesson', but i will not have - if i survive and am able bodied to get back on a bike, you can bet your December paycheck that i will do so. in case you didnt notice, most of the corners were setup, and timed, so that there was no traffic i was to be catching up with - as far as oncoming cars, most the scenes were shot with the group ahead of me and me catching up, hence oncoming cars and JUST seen a few sportbikes fly thru there - so they are ready for me to buzz by. if i enter a corner and there is a car in the oncoming lane, i will tone it down a notch for safety - trust me, i'm leaving a good amount in reserve from what you see in those videos. riders that have been riding 11 years, over 80k miles of twistys (not freeway) and no "really big crashes", hell not even really worthy of notation crashes - yes luck has something to do with it, but skill more so is the prevailing factor

as far as the Nelix, the resident SpyderChat asswipe, who has been on my ignore list for quite some time - i still cant seem to not click on his posts from time to time. no showing off man, just sharing a fun moto video. moto riding is what i do, and i'm one of the man guys who has a video camera running on the rides around here. i enjoy documenting the sport, and sharing it with others. simple as that.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I have ridden bikes for 31 years, sportsbikes for over 25 and what i saw on your video tells me exactly what i already knew.
You are an idiot, you are a cyber "look at me" insecure non entity. You justify stupidity as cojones, nuff said.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH so i guess you think you know what you are talking about. well answer me a few questions then, big boy...

what kinda bikes have you owned in the past 10 years?

what bikes do you own RIGHT NOW?

how many times would you say you ride per month?

what kinda of roads do you normally ride?

how long (in miles) is a general/standard length that you normally ride for?

how many track days have you done? how many in the last year?

got any ride videos you can show us? no? thats what i thought....

i got $ that says you are one of those idiot old farts who has their Goldwing towed into the dealership because "it wont start", all it needs is a new battery b/c the owner only drives it 3 times per year hahahaha

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Had the same bike for 9 years, Triumph sprint rs 955i, its a sports tourer.
I rarely ride these days, Scottish weather and age make biking days to be savoured.

I have toured Ireland twice and the lakes in England, twice two up with full luggage.

Scottish highlands have some of the best biking roads in the world, i used to think nothing of riding from dawn till dusk, but at 48 now i don't do long rides now.

Point is i did, but have never been insecure enough to want to post about it on a car forum.

Fact is, your list of questions simply screams out your insecurity.

As is your need to tell us you have a hot gf.
Were you bullied that badly as a child?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Why all the hate? Whether it's inspired by insecurity, autism, or a love for a motorsport and a girl, who cares? The videos were good enough and the girl was hot. What more do you people want?

Also, I wish I could tour Ireland. Beautiful place.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
First time i toured Ireland was in the height of the "troubles" Was ok being a Scot though, but still had to be wary.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nelix, pretty clear that you and i are on totally different levels of riding. you are an all day adventure touring guy, i am a track day and street sportbike junkie to the max. i ride at least once a week, for 400 miles each ride, in ALL twisty roads, no "touring the scenery on my sport-touring bike". i do track days every couple months, i own 4 sportbikes currently - get in line, buddy

"ever notice that anyone driving faster than you is crazy, and anyone driving slower than you is an idiot?"

yuuuup

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Lol, i was doing that 20 years ago, but felt no need to boast about it.

I'm going to leave off you now, its obvious your insecurity is deeply ingrained and comes from bullying and being a late bed wetter.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Btw the way, its "on" twisty roads, not "in":lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, just trying to make you think. When you are lying in a ditch on the side of the road in agony afraid to look at your legs because of what you might see it really makes you think. I got my first bike in 92 and have been riding ever since, There was at least one 5 year period in there where I rode daily and now I ride at least three to four days a week, all year (Except for snow days, there are limits).

Currently I have a RC51, VFR750 and just sold a CBR600, I've had a lot of bikes and put a lot of miles on them. I'm a IBA member of the lowest standing but I'm in there. I've crashed a lot of times too.

I rode like an idiot also and I've been very lucky, a lot of people I know haven't. You ride like that it's just a matter of time until you go down. It's going to happen. I just hate to see it.

And really, what were you thinking, posting that here of all places? I mean really, what did you expect?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, just trying to make you think. When you are lying in a ditch on the side of the road in agony afraid to look at your legs because of what you might see it really makes you think. I got my first bike in 92 and have been riding ever since, There was at least one 5 year period in there where I rode daily and now I ride at least three to four days a week, all year (Except for snow days, there are limits).

Currently I have a RC51, VFR750 and just sold a CBR600, I've had a lot of bikes and put a lot of miles on them. I'm a IBA member of the lowest standing but I'm in there. I've crashed a lot of times too.

I rode like an idiot also and I've been very lucky, a lot of people I know haven't. You ride like that it's just a matter of time until you go down. It's going to happen. I just hate to see it.

And really, what were you thinking, posting that here of all places? I mean really, what did you expect?
Speedy, bought my girl, just needs the kudus man.
He da man.

Actually, he is not.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the sad thing is that wiredpingun is 100% right; what was i thinking posting these videos here?!??! of course you spyderchatters would be little bitches about it. hell, awhile back i posted a video of me driving my MR2, SLOWER than these videos of me on my bike - and i STILL got shit from a bunch of you pompous my-shit-smells-sweet-and-i'm-better-than-you-because-i-like-to-think-i-drive-a-nice-sports-car-but-its-really-just-a-toyota people on this board. some of you are cool, but the more time i spend here, the more obvious it becomes that the MAJORITY of you folks are pretty much just ... well, i guess i already covered that :lol:

i'm still waiting for Nelix's ride videos....and for him to answer my questions. i'm sure he cant live up to his talk, so thats why he avoided them hahaha

·
Registered
475 Posts
the sad thing is that wiredpingun is 100% right; what was i thinking posting these videos here?!??! of course you spyderchatters would be little bitches about it. hell, awhile back i posted a video of me driving my MR2, SLOWER than these videos of me on my bike - and i STILL got shit from a bunch of you pompous my-shit-smells-sweet-and-i'm-better-than-you-because-i-like-to-think-i-drive-a-nice-sports-car-but-its-really-just-a-toyota people on this board. some of you are cool, but the more time i spend here, the more obvious it becomes that the MAJORITY of you folks are pretty much just ... well, i guess i already covered that :lol:

i'm still waiting for Nelix's ride videos....and for him to answer my questions. i'm sure he cant live up to his talk, so thats why he avoided them hahaha
Well, I've only ridden my mom's rebel 250 in suburban streets, but I feel obligated to comment on certain aspects of this...shall we call...debate.

Calm the freak down people! Mainly Corky and Nelix could be much more mature and polite and still get their point across.

Nelix:
As is your need to tell us you have a hot gf.
maybe he's excited about being engaged to a beautiful woman, so what. It was one line in the post and maybe 3 seconds in the video, completely understandable to me (maybe I have those insecurities too :eek: ) And although I somewhat agree with what you said, I would have done it in a much nicer way, rather than making it seem like an unwarranted attack on the guy's character.

Corky: I think Nelix stirred you up a bit unnecessarily, but as I said before, I kind of agree with him. If you've ignored this guy in the past, why do you care what he thinks now? Your responses come off as a little immature and you are defending your masculinity quite fiercly. But the inane judgements you made of Nelix are offensive and condescending. And these are pointed at a veteran rider who, to your surprise, might turn out to be like your Dad: At the time, you think "he's stupid, I can handle it, I know what I'm doing"....5-10 years later, you think "wow, I was pretty dumb, if I had one bad crash, my life could've been ruined or gone. And to think if I had just waited till my next track day..." All the track time in the world doesn't mean you are immune from crashing, and you know that. So stop trying to compare dicks with Nelix, demanding criteria so you can "prove" you're a better rider than him, it's pointless (pun intended?). What these guys are trying to say is for the safety of you and everyone on the road around you, it's better to do your aggressive riding on the track, a much more predictable environment to practice the limits of your bike. That being said, I didn't think your riding was thaaat bad, you seemed to be pretty sensible about when to give it the beans and pass people, but still just over the limit I would prefer others to ride around me and definitely my loved ones.

Also, it's not just safety these guys are concerned with, it's reputation. This forum prohobits street racing stories/videos because the people on here want to maintain the image of being the smart, safe, motorists that have the self control to take their aggressive driving to the track. You're on their turf and their rules here...just throwin that out there. Oh and way to go insulting most of the forum based on your discussions with a few of them :unsure:

penguin: you're cool :cool:
*sorry I wrote a book*

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This forum prohobits street racing stories/videos because the people on here want to maintain the image of being the smart, safe, motorists that have the self control to take their aggressive driving to the track.
i created a SPECIFIC thread about 3 or 4 months ago, asking if posting street racing type of stuff on SpyderChat was against board rules. no mods came in and told me "NO"

link to thread:
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?47374-Is-it-against-board-rules-to-post-a-street-racing-video&highlight=

with DUE DILIGENCE i have done my best to follow forum rules. if these videos are against forum rules, i will remove them. so far my research tells me that they are not.

.... not only that, but i really wouldnt consider the vids in this thread to be street racing, so they wouldnt qualify as board banable material in the first place. and really, i'm not sure i'd care a lot if i got banned from this board, it has rubbed me wrong A LOT more than it has rubbed me right...and btw: if you wanna see a sportbike going RACING TRACK speeds on the street, you are gonna have to ask someone other than me to bring it to ya, cuz i simply am not willing to go thaaat fast on the street.

·
Registered
475 Posts
i created a SPECIFIC thread about 3 or 4 months ago, asking if posting street racing type of stuff on SpyderChat was against board rules. no mods came in and told me "NO"

link to thread:
http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?47374-Is-it-against-board-rules-to-post-a-street-racing-video&highlight=

with DUE DILIGENCE i have done my best to follow forum rules. if these videos are against forum rules, i will remove them. so far my research tells me that they are not.

.... not only that, but i really wouldnt consider the vids in this thread to be street racing, so they wouldnt qualify as board banable material in the first place. ... if you wanna see a sportbike going RACING TRACK speeds on the street, you are gonna have to ask someone other than me to bring it to ya, cuz i simply am not willing to go thaaat fast on the street
I apologize for that statement of mine then. I thought I remembered threads saying they weren't allowed. And I'm not sitting here with a "Ban Corky" sign, just trying to help you see the other 2 guys' points with a more polite demeanor. I know you don't street race, but remember there's a considerable area between 100% flat-out and safe, street riding.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Lets look at the facts.

1. I have years more riding experience, this is due to age and the fact i had my first bike at 16. It in no way implies that i have a certain skill level, only that i have nearly 32 years of riding bikes, all year round. until my mid twenties as my bike was my only transport. This was in all conditions and Scottish winters are harsh.

2. Usernames. I am nelix, because my parrot is called nelix. Speedycorky is speedycorky, because his basic insecurities mean he has to tell us all that he is fast..
Of course it is entirely possible that my assumption that this is to do with driving and riding, is wrong, perhaps his lovely gf gave him the monicker.:lol:

3. I am secure in my own skin, i feel no need to boast about any aspect of my life. The only person that needs to find my gf hot is me.:lol:

Feel free to keep reading my posts speedy, perhaps i need your insecurities because deep down i am hiding my own?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
well yeah, hate to break the news, but my primary interest isnt MR2's....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdPAtNFRRGY
The arrogance starts right here. Why would it matter to anyone, anywhere, that your primary interest is not an MR2?

Once again your insecurity surfaces, the assumption being that we give an aviation intercourse about your primary interest.

Stop press!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close the board people, speedycorky's primary interest is not our beloved cars. Thats it folks, might as well give up and go home, speedy has spoken.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts