MR2 SpyderChat banner

1221 - 1224 of 1224 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Great work Marc! My only comment about the video is the volume, I have headphones in and it’s cranked and it is very quiet.

Will your board be useable with standalones possibly?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,223
Yeah, i noticed the volume issue after it had been posted already and youtube won’t let me edit it. There’s very little background noise though so i figured the volume can just be turned up. It did not occur to me that some people would not have enough amplification to address it. I could re-upload it but Youtube’s algorithm is excessively punitive about re-uploads. But the problem is noted and i was already planing on being careful about this in the future.

As for using this board with aftermarket ECUs, the answer is yes, but only some of them. The coolant temperature is requested over the OBDII can bus so you need an aftermarket ECU that supports OBDII messaging. I know the Haltech ECUs support it, i haven’t looked too deep but with all the OBDII gauges/dashes these days i would expect more and more aftermarket ECUs to support that messaging.

If there’s enough demand i may release an update that can also work with an independent coolant temperature sensor but it isn’t in the plan right now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,224
Alright, all the work needed to get PCBs manufactured is done. There was WAY more paperwork needed than i could ever expect on this stuff. 25 body controllers ordered and will be in my hands in about a month.

1221 - 1224 of 1224 Posts