MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a different throttle cam that will slow down the movement to allow more precise control of the throttle. I searched but didn't come up with anything yet. Anybody know of one or have suggestions? Is the cam on other 1ZZ from the Celica/Corolla/Matrix/Vibe/etc. the same shape?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'm looking for a different throttle cam that will slow down the movement to allow more precise control of the throttle. I searched but didn't come up with anything yet. Anybody know of one or have suggestions? Is the cam on other 1ZZ from the Celica/Corolla/Matrix/Vibe/etc. the same shape?
If you want to slow it down for the entirety of its travel you will need more cable movement which means an adjustment to pedal linkage as well.

Pretty sure there are some aftermarket ones you could use.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anywhere I can get a picture or dimensions of any of those?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The throttle cams on the MKI NA & SC are smaller. The one on the MKII NA looks like it is the same size. Maybe one from one of the trucks might work. I've found that TRD used to make these for older model vehicles. I may have one custom made but I'm having trouble finding any pictures or part numbers to verify specs and fitment.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you want to slow it down for the entirety of its travel you will need more cable movement which means an adjustment to pedal linkage as well.

Pretty sure there are some aftermarket ones you could use.
Any links?

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
Weapon R sells a throttle cam that myself and SE was able to make work. It simulates more initial responsiveness for with less pedal travel for the first 50% of pedal travel and after that it falls off and gives you a lot less then the stock. I know it's the opposite of what you are looking for however if you are feathering your throttle when you are above 50% of travel it may be of some benefit to you.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm having a couple made in larger diameters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.