MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank those who spent the time diagnosing the problem with the dead spot issue in the throttle lever assembly. My 2002 (~70,000 miles) started exhibiting the loss of power following a downshift problem. I ordered the suggested part 22060-22020 from 1st Toyota and took it to the Toyota dealer in Crystal City, VA for install. The dealer was hesitant and recommended the ECU be replaced as it was under a TSB ($800 + labor). I convinced him to install the part instead despite his skepticism regarding the capabilities of those on an enthusiast site to diagnose the issue. After a couple of weeks of running and aggressive testing it appears that the problem has been resolved. Thanks again.
Joel G.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
. The dealer was hesitant and recommended the ECU be replaced as it was under a TSB ($800 + labor).
It's NEVER the Computer.. and I think the TSB was for a Missfire Calculation Error.. Different Problem..

I convinced him to install the part instead despite his skepticism regarding the capabilities of those on an enthusiast site to diagnose the issue.

Yes we are all Idiots.. :)

Glad you got it Fixed..

Cap

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It's NEVER the Computer.
Glad you got it Fixed.
+1

In 2006, a Toyota Dealership in Ohio told me I needed a new ECU. I kindly told them I thought that was ridiculous, started lurking on SC, and did my due diligence. A couple of days later, I cleaned the MAF sensor and joined the site. Problem solved. NO ONE knows these cars better than we do. :scrock:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.