MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased ScanXL and just got around to doing some data logging this evening. Most everything looks good so far. There is one thing I am concerned about...

I had two 20min logging sessions and pressed the accelerator hard to the floor during both sessions. However, my data shows that my "Absolute Throttle Position" hit a max of only 78.4% on both trips! Should I take this to mean that my throttle cable has stretched over time and I need to adjust it in order to reach WOT? My spyder has almost 96k miles on it at this point.

If this is the problem, how do I adjust it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Norbal..

If you actually check.. the Throttle is Likely Going all the Way open..

Mine is the Same..

Cap

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I guess the moral of the story is: "Nope, the car really is that slow." :lol:

Any ideas why 78.4% is the magic number it maxes out at?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I could make up a Story.. But I do not have an Offical Answer..

The TPS is just used for Velocity Measurements of Throttle Movement.. So it never needs to see Zero, or Full.. and it never does..

Makes the Internals and Externals of the Design of the TPS Simplier.. as the Zero Point of the Variable Resistor does not have to Match up with the Full Closed Point of the Actual Throttle Body.. and Like Wise for the Open Position.. So the Sensor has built in Overrange..

Is that a Good Story..

Cap

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really good story. It makes sense. I guess they'd have to calibrate every TPS otherwise...
Any ideas if the same applies to DBW systems? I'm going to be doing some logging in my wife's trailblazer this weekend as we head out of town, so I guess I will find out. It has DBW.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
On the Early Toyota Fuel Injections, the TPS had to be Calibrated to the Car.. the TPS had Slots, and you needed to set things Up..
PITA..

Now the Hardware/Software, and Manufacturing Guys have Gotten Together, and let the Computer figure the Things out, and soon as the Key is Turned on.. Makes like Easier for us Humans..

After all it is a Computer.. and all it Does it Does if Figure things Out.. So just give it another task to do as part of it's Wake Up Routine..

Cap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts