·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found more for the 16 inch than I have for any other size that would fit my spyder. I don't like the look of 15's on the car and I think 17 would be way too large. But what would you recommend, i don't want to spend more than the $124 per wheel it is now. URL links would be great!!!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I have found more for the 16 inch than I have for any other size that would fit my spyder. I don't like the look of 15's on the car and I think 17 would be way too large. But what would you recommend, i don't want to spend more than the $124 per wheel it is now. URL links would be great!!!
Do what you want, it's your car.

But yes, 16" tire sizes are tricky to keep in a similar roller diameter and stagger.

17" is possible, but also limited.

15" has the best selection of tires, but you said you didn't like the look.

A lot of folks here will run a 16" front with a 17" rear, so that's something to consider.

Those wheels you posted are also on the heavy side, which will make your car feel slower.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
AS I said: "tell me what you think" isn't the best thing to start with...
:lol2:

i'm not gonna give you flack, i think the wheels look nice, but since i've been on this forum ive seen alot of black wheels on a spyder, and have liked very few, its getting over played. you might catch flack for the weight, but its your car. the black wheel thing is getting old though. didn't like it before the spyder, still don't. very few pull it off nicely imo.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'll have a set of the Assetto Garas in 15" (14.5 lbs - about the same as stock, if I'm not mistaken) all around within a week. I wanted black or anthracite for the contrast with my 03 Spyder's bright yellow paint. Opinions vary, of course, and mine is :icon_thumright:

·
Registered
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've never understood why Sparco wheels are so heavy. Some others too... Falken for instance. These aren't a set of dman Giovanni's... they're in the industry, you'd think they'd know what we want. That's one of the reasons I haven't bothered with new wheels... I can't find anything that's substancially lighter and suits my personal taste.

To date, there's only one that I've seriously considered, the Konig Foil.

·
Registered
23,073 Posts
I've never understood why Sparco wheels are so heavy. Some others too... Falken for instance. These aren't a set of dman Giovanni's... they're in the industry, you'd think they'd know what we want. That's one of the reasons I haven't bothered with new wheels... I can't find anything that's substancially lighter and suits my personal taste.

To date, there's only one that I've seriously considered, the Konig Foil.
Those are not bad but not a deal breaker. Wheels are subjective and the only two wheels I thought looked like they belong on our Spyders are the SSR comps and OZ Ultraleggera and they are both quality brands. To pull off wheels they should never dominate the rest of the car.

As far as lighter goes you get what you pay for.

Most people to this day think those are the stock wheels however they are baffled that the car is an MR2 Spyder.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
As far as lighter goes you get what you pay for.

Most people to this day think those are the stock wheels however they are baffled that the car is an MR2 Spyder.
all that thing needs is a stock spoiler and it would look absolutely perfect, is that yours?

·
Registered
23,073 Posts
all that thing needs is a stock spoiler and it would look absolutely perfect, is that yours?
Well I have a discrete spoiler lip now that complements it. The only wings I like taste like chicken.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Those are not bad but not a deal breaker...
I know what you mean. They look good, but won't net me much/any weight savings. If I'm going to pony up cash for some new wheels, they're going to have to stand head and shoulders above the factory ones.

·
Registered
23,073 Posts
I know what you mean. They look good, but won't net me much/any weight savings. If I'm going to pony up cash for some new wheels, they're going to have to stand head and shoulders above the factory ones.
I couldn't agree more. That was the conundrum I had until I seen the OZ's.
For the price the OZ's were reasonable and they were about as light as stock.

·
Registered
23,073 Posts
lol very nice very nice, love the car.
Thanks I appreciate the kind words. I try to keep it simple and not that I'm looking for complements when I take the car out but it seems to draw the right attention and it makes me feel like the direction I have taken was a good choice. I will never win a "tuner" contest but that can only be a plus because it means your not like everyone else with wings and things.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Fun! I just bought new rims! I am having them put on my car in the morning. Here is a picture of them...

That outside lip is a shiny chrome by the way. I hope this looks good. My car is that same red. If you saw my other post, I just installed a new touch Pioneer AppRadio and ProClip Mount, and I also just got new red leather with black leather trim seats! However, the seats will be a bit difficult to install, so I am having an auto interior guy do them for me. I am actually working towards several things, and really making this car "my own" - so I hope it all comes well :)

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts