MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the price of of tires has done up dramatically? I'm not jut $5 per tire, but $20 to $25 per tire compared to last Jan - Feb. ?

As the Nation's covids count seems to go down - the price of of tires (and our Spyders) tires seem to go up !!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
There's a supposed tire shortage...so add it to the list of ketchup packets, new cars, microchips, lumber, etc. Unfortunat4wly about the only thing not on that list is my waistline.

Reactions: jeffreyfranz

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Then u can afford it LOL
Spyder tires I can definitely afford. Tires for the Z06, another story. Sure, I could have bought them but honestly that car was only fun to drive in a straight line.

As a lifelong motorcyclist, the Spyder scratches me where I itch... the 'Vette just didn't have it.

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
I felt the same way about the corvette. A tighter steering ratio, better seats, and a notchier shifter would have gone a long way towards making it fun to drive. Shame, because its easily one of the best looking and best sounding cars anywhere close to its used car price range.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I felt the same way about the corvette. A tighter steering ratio, better seats, and a notchier shifter would have gone a long way towards making it fun to drive. Shame, because its easily one of the best looking and best sounding cars anywhere close to its used car price range.
The price was the reason I bought it. $25k for a Z06 that was less than 2 years old. I was underwhelmed by it, but still it was a cool car. When I saw the price tag on what I considered to be good tires, I flushed it.

·
Premium Member
Black 2005 MRS 5-speed w/LSD
156 Posts
I just watched one of your track sessions again on You Tube. I was thinking, as I listened to the soundtrack, "that engine sounds pretty relaxed for 100 mph, I wonder what it is." Then I noticed below you had a note saying, "119 wheel HP, 1900 pounds." What motor were you running? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
119 whp is a stock Spyder on a good day my friend

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
Not sure id describe 140hp as capable, but the engine is certainly dead reliable. 100,000 miles plus 24+ track hours, and it came out with all cylinders at the same compression. Now that im driving a stock mr2 again I can say the 1zz is a good motor for a street car. Low end torque is sufficient to get the mr2 through the day.

It certainly was noisy with the strait exhaust. I probably should have worn earn protection. It sounded like one-million angry bees.

·
Premium Member
Black 2005 MRS 5-speed w/LSD
156 Posts
Not sure id describe 140hp as capable, but the engine is certainly dead reliable. 100,000 miles plus 24+ track hours, and it came out with all cylinders at the same compression. Now that im driving a stock mr2 again I can say the 1zz is a good motor for a street car. Low end torque is sufficient to get the mr2 through the day.

It certainly was noisy with the strait exhaust. I probably should have worn earn protection. It sounded like one-million angry bees.
Somewhat like the color way of your car?;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts