MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody make exhaust baffle for TM single? as much as i love the sound, it is unbearable (atleast to me) to drive it to the track and back on the freeway.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The baffle that I make for the Team Moon exhaust is for the drivers side outlet of the dual Team Moon only. I don't think any kind of baffle would work for the single outlet Team Moon exhaust - I think it would probably create too much restriction and choke the engine down. I don't remember anyone ever stating that the Team Moon single was too loud for them. Have you checked for an exhaust leak or a crack in the downpipe flex joint?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The baffle that I make for the Team Moon exhaust is for the passenger side outlet of the dual Team Moon only. I don't think any kind of baffle would work for the single outlet Team Moon exhaust - I think it would probably create too much restriction and choke the engine down. I don't remember anyone ever stating that the Team Moon single was too loud for them. Have you checked for an exhaust leak or a crack in the downpipe flex joint?
It was just me about it being too loud. i think my car was too loud even when i got it stock... ;p

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
It was just me about it being too loud. i think my car was too loud even when i got it stock... ;p
When stock it was loud? You must was to kill yourself with the TM. Get a 6 speed 3.9 final drive and drive slow then it is very bearable haha

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When stock it was loud? You must was to kill yourself with the TM. Get a 6 speed 3.9 final drive and drive slow then it is very bearable haha
i think the car was noisy(engine noise, wind noise, road noise etc.) when it was stock when cruising on highway speed, and it quickly become loud with TM. But it is not loud enough for me at the track... hahaha

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Substitute ear baffles: Wear earplugs or rubber-seal earbuds when you're on the street. Remove all of the above when you're at the track. Problem solved.
thats what i have been doing lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.