MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still a new guy. I hope I'm in the right spot.
Looking at tools that came with 2002 and I can't identify the
top right two items - the gold "screw" and gray painted item.

Do these belong, and what do they do?

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome new guy Steve...not sure about the gold piece. Grey part is a tow hook. Btw if those are all the parts in the tool kit then you are missing the crank for the jack, rendering it useless.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you FormInFunction.
I do have the crank - it's hiding in the black pouch.
I'll hold on to the gold rod for a while and see if some use turns up.
:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the gold rod is to extend the spare tire hold down if you have to put a full size tire in the storage bin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
But does anyone know how to put all that stuff in the bag so it doesn't rattle?
I ended up adding some bubble wrap.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have an extra wheel chock and my bag is packed so tight and held by the straps that it doesnt make a sound no matter how I'm driving

·
Registered
443 Posts
I never found the toolkit to take up much otherwise usable space because it sits in the recessed part of the rear cubby. If o need to pack that area its usually with a duffel bag so I lose no space to the jack tools. If I were packing oddly shaped items I could see it being an issue

·
Registered
84 Posts
I never found the toolkit to take up much otherwise usable space because it sits in the recessed part of the rear cubby. If o need to pack that area its usually with a duffel bag so I lose no space to the jack tools. If I were packing oddly shaped items I could see it being an issue
I agree, plus I have the toolkit strapped snug and it never rattles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts