MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie here, i bought my first mr2, 2004, last week and love it. the top was weathered so i decided to go ahead and replace it. the car is white with "tan" top. it looks more like a brown to me(and the leather interior) i got in what is supposed to the original color. its not even in the ballpark of being close. is this common. are the replacements not even close. it looks more like a yellow.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
just go black and you can be completely neuutral.:eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are all replacement tans the same color or will they vary from one company to another? i hadn't planned on a complete interior redo. i may have to go the black. but first i'll pursue any tan options i can. i like to white/tan combo. i think i read where they used mazda tan in some mrs. which is darker and looks much closer to my existing color. does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
642 Posts
are all replacement tans the same color or will they vary from one company to another? i hadn't planned on a complete interior redo. i may have to go the black. but first i'll pursue any tan options i can. i like to white/tan combo. i think i read where they used mazda tan in some mrs. which is darker and looks much closer to my existing color. does anyone know if this is true?

This may not be super helpful so take it for what its worth. I have been considering replacing my top soon, I have a green with tan combo. I dislike the light taan replacement tops so I went looking.. haven't followed through yet.

but http://www.convertibletopguys.com seem to have an option for a brown top and a dark tan top in additon to the regular tan in the A5 German Sonnenland Canvas.

1) I never dealt with these guys so I don't know how good they are
2) I haven't seen samples either

Personally, I am thinking when I get there to go get samples, but go the brown route. I don't like black and green. if I had white, I might be more open to the black, but I definately can see wanting to go brown, I would stay away from light tan it just doesn't look good with white.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i can't figure out how to post pictures from my computer. is this harder than i'm making it?
Upload pictures to a website like photobucket.com and then post the img link.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
I'd suggest spending the money on an OEM top. Aftermarket tops have a number of compromises and small fitment issues that add up to a less than ideal top.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i sent pictures to the company i ordered it from and he said he thought it was fine and didn't see a problem with it. he said he's checking on it. hopefully he'll make it right.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I'd return that and continue shopping - it looks rotten, as if vinyl or canvas could go bad and mildew.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I also have a the green and tan combo with leather interior. My car was a low mileage Seattle survivor, which showed. Short story, the front and rear bumper covers were replaced along with the top.

The replacement top is after market, not sure who supplied it but the color is really close to factory and much darker, like the seats, than your pic. Get them to replace or refund if you can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts