MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would share this info. I installed toyota nav.Faceplate ID: E7019 non JBL. Direct fit no mods. Also has good tilt settings for the screen. Think it came out of a 2012 rav4.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
781 Posts
O yeah. This is in an 02 mr2. Not sure how it would work in 03-05.

Dont think there is much of a difference other than the seats...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Satisfied with the Bluetooth? Where'd you mount the mic?
The blue tooth is lil crude but it works. It's not the best unit but I love how it matches perfectly and no mod for install. I routed the mic to the top of the steering column. Had it for about 5 years and still works great. Sorry haven't checked in this forum for a while..

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
I also just installed one and am loving it so far. I found an FJ Cruiser forum when I bought mine that was talking about them. I saved a screenshot but not the URL...sorry. I bought a used 86860-45021 and it's been working for me.

I took the antenna off of the mounting bracket, used some double sided permanent foam tape and zip ties to get it as far up the dash as I could. I just had to remove the glovebox to get room for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got it used from ebay for $200. No Lie. They seem to generally run around $450.

Ouch, for that price you'd be better off with a nice android device.

You'll get much better navigation, plus have the ability to run movies and all those standalone apps like Spotify, Sirius xm app, or even deezer or tidal for hd music. I even use iptv on it for the news. Nice to grab lunch, head to a park and get caught up on some cnn at the same time.

Ill try to get a photo of the one I installed this past summer. 1080p resolution!

·
Registered
2002, Turbo, 2ZZGE
1,886 Posts
Ouch, for that price you'd be better off with a nice android device.

You'll get much better navigation, plus have the ability to run movies and all those standalone apps like Spotify, Sirius xm app, or even deezer or tidal for hd music. I even use iptv on it for the news. Nice to grab lunch, head to a park and get caught up on some cnn at the same time.

Ill try to get a photo of the one I installed this past summer. 1080p resolution!
Nothing against OP since that unit looks really nice and has physical buttons that I am a big fan of. But....

This is what I don't get. All these new cars hyping Apple car play and Mirror etc... So what! I have full Android that does everything in my dash and I don't have to rely on an OEM to maybe update an app. I can be sitting on my couch and if I like an app hit a button and BAM it self installs in the car and will forever keep itself up to date and functional. I have seen a few instances where people jail broke their OEM systems in modern cars and it is 1000x better than the OEM interface.

·
Super Moderator
2,880 Posts
Yeah I don't get it either. Running old navigation devices doesn't make sense to me. The first and only time I've ever been satisfied with an OEM navigation system happened in the last week. Just got a 2022 Hyundai Palisade and it's excellent.

No way I'd trust some 15 year old navigation equipment or the software it's running. I'd wager you can't even load the latest maps due to the limitations of the hardware.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts