·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I'll diasable it for you... There, done. You are welcome:lol:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I'll diasable it for you... There, done. You are welcome:lol:
Sorry guy. There is no traction control. If you are referring to the ABS I will hit you with a 2X4:lol: Just kidding, maybe...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry guy. There is no traction control. If you are referring to the ABS I will hit you with a 2X4:lol: Just kidding, maybe...
But i read the the 04, 05, and 06 had traction control added to it. If i'm wrong then why is it that every time I power over I loose momentum and power immensely? It feels like traction control, I had the same issue with my truck. I know the driving characteristics will be different but drifting is drifting. I'm not the most knowledgeable about how to tune a car but it feels like its traction control. :confused::confused: And if there isn't traction control then why would that happen?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
But i read the the 04, 05, and 06 had traction control added to it. If i'm wrong then why is it that every time I power over I loose momentum and power immensely? It feels like traction control, I had the same issue with my truck. I know the driving characteristics will be different but drifting is drifting. I'm not the most knowledgeable about how to tune a car but it feels like its traction control. :confused::confused:
Do you have an SMT? The "traction control" on this car is the fact that it only has 125 ft/lb of peak torque:lol: As a result, a great drifting car she does not make... but you can roll on the throttle early exiting a turn without putting the ass end into a barrier or a tree...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I do have the SMT. I know some people like it but I would rather have a 5 speed. Thanks for the info, still trying to figure out all the details of whats what.
I had a feeling from your description. The SMT is good in some ways, but it is a bit peculiar in others. There are a few quirks that are intentional as Toyota has tried to limit the abuse it will take--such as the lag between shifts. I am wondering if the issues you are experiencing might be the system's attempt at self-preservation from your drifting exploits:) OldMan is a wise guy--he could be right that the clutch is pretty well worn (the OEM clutch is not very robust, and it sounds like you may be hard on them). It could also be that it would benefit from a re-learn. I do not claim to be an expert on the SMT (or much else for that matter). Anyway, be nice to that SMT... the repair bills for them often begin with a 3... followed by 3 more figures:)

·
Registered
745 Posts
step by step to disable traction control (Oh yea there is one)

1- get a Noz sticker and carefully place on bumper

2- get some other cool car part stickers like for ingen and maybe Toyo and put those on the car

3- now (this is the critical part) Get a big red R like from a GTR and glue it right on your deck lid. if you can find an extra then I would put one on the rear deck lid too

4- sun glasses and cool sleeveless shirt GET THEM

5- By a 1 pound bag of "gold metal" flour put some in a pastic baggie and put it in your car like it's drugs

Now your transformation is complete with stickers and cool + illegal drugs you will now fool your cars traction control to give up and become the beast you always knew it was.

If you change your name to spike, or hoff or some other kwell one-sylable name it will be perfect.
Hey i did all this and i still have the traction control on! :lol:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hey i did all this and i still have the traction control on! :lol:
How come the OPs never laugh at T Bone's jokes? Did you try a MOPAR sticker?

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
To the OP..

SMT's have an anti Spin feature of the Back Wheels. This issue comes up a lot when trying to Dyno the SMT's.. as the Front Wheels are not moving, and the Rears are.. So most of the Time the SMT's will not run on the Dyno because of it.. sometimes they will.. so it must depend on the year..

The 'Fix' for this is to build a Wire-harness, that will internally hook the Rear ABS Sensors to the Front Wheel Inputs..

This will cause the ABS System to not realize the rear wheels are spinning differently than the Front.. And the ABS Sensors are the 'Initial Inputs' of the Wheels Spin Feature.. Now by doing this, you have just messed with the ABS System, and it will not work properly..

The other way is to Remove the SMT.. as will likely happen if you start to get ANY problems with the SMT. because the SMT cost more than the Car to Fix.. not that the SMT is anything special, it's just people do not know how to fix them, and will keep tossing parts at them till you are Broke..

Cap

·
Registered
217 Posts
You guys dont need to be so hard on him for thinking there is traction control. They probably took some initiative and did some google searching for the issue and found mentions of traction control on newer model spyders ( which is the case in other countries, just not USA )

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
You guys dont need to be so hard on him for thinking there is traction control. They probably took some initiative and did some google searching for the issue and found mentions of traction control on newer model spyders ( which is the case in other countries, just not USA )
Nah, we aren't being hard on him. I can appreciate how he could of thought that. We actually did attempt to help a little, and of course we had to include some sarcasm and satire--it is the SC way. Sorry if I offended anyone... Virtual hugs all around:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To the OP..

SMT's have an anti Spin feature of the Back Wheels. This issue comes up a lot when trying to Dyno the SMT's.. as the Front Wheels are not moving, and the Rears are.. So most of the Time the SMT's will not run on the Dyno because of it.. sometimes they will.. so it must depend on the year..

The 'Fix' for this is to build a Wire-harness, that will internally hook the Rear ABS Sensors to the Front Wheel Inputs..

This will cause the ABS System to not realize the rear wheels are spinning differently than the Front.. And the ABS Sensors are the 'Initial Inputs' of the Wheels Spin Feature.. Now by doing this, you have just messed with the ABS System, and it will not work properly..

The other way is to Remove the SMT.. as will likely happen if you start to get ANY problems with the SMT. because the SMT cost more than the Car to Fix.. not that the SMT is anything special, it's just people do not know how to fix them, and will keep tossing parts at them till you are Broke..

Cap
Thanks for the info. That sounds more like what is happening.

·
Banned
415 Posts
Nah, we aren't being hard on him. I can appreciate how he could of thought that. We actually did attempt to help a little, and of course we had to include some sarcasm and satire--it is the SC way. Sorry if I offended anyone... Virtual hugs all around:)
I still liked your first comment. "I'll diasable it for you... There, done. You are welcome"

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
To the OP..

Cap
Wouldn't just a pin jumper be alot easier?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts