MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of transmission fluid should i use for racing? in C60 6spd. never heard anybody discuss about that. thanks

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
If it were important, someone would have discussed it by now.
RedLine MT-90 and Amsoil seem to be the preferred gear oils.
Avoid GL5 fluids.
It's easier to discuss changing transmissions than to discuss why they fail.

Our transmission die from track use. 5 or 6 speed doesn't matter. Neither one has an oil coilover. Track use greatly reduced transmission life in our cars. The input or output shaft bearings go unless you miss a shift and kill a syncho first.

All I can suggest is to use a racing fluid and change it often. I would check what the lotus guys are using.

Other options are to add a trans cooler or upgrade to a E153 trans because it has an internal oil cooler and is much more durable.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
There are lots of discussions on newcelica on oil to use. Mt-90 and Amsoil GL4 are pretty much the consensus.
Most discussion are regarding shift feel. There are very few discussion as to how long the oil can sustain very high transmission temperatures under load.

The other issue is foaming. Which oil has antifoaming agents? I haven't looked at the specs of either MT-90 or Amsoil.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Red Line MT-90 here since day 1...that I've had this car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.