MR2 SpyderChat banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Front Coilover:

Rear Coilover installed -

Rear Coilover installed (with tape around stainless steel line to check for rubbing) -

Front remote reservoir mounts -
I relocated the driver's side frunk bracket to be closer to the wheel well and drilled a hole through the cross member to mount it

Front hose routing - I used a heat wrap to wrap the hoses in for two reasons. Insulate from hot radiator feed line as well as mitigate rubbing which can burst the lines

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
In case anyone is still following this now CSP thread, I will be posting some updates that have to do with vacuum infusion composites in the near future so stay tuned ?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Finally got around to making some carbon fiber test pieces with vacuum infusion. Just made a simple 10x10 panel with 4 layers of 2x2 twill (90°):

4 layers seems good for a ducktail spoiler, but will be doing only 2 layers of the 90° 2x2 twill and 2 layers of 45° 2x2 twill for more uniform strength and layering.

Soon to be testing out the PVC core material for the splitter with a smaller test piece similar size to that shown above. Timing works out well for this now that I'm stuck at home.

Stay tuned.
Soon to test a piece using the PVC foam core material

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
I can see them now. Great job! I have made a number of carbon parts for my FR-S in the old fashion way, but seing this you are making me want to give it a try! (y)
Thanks! The dry layup makes things a lot less stressful in terms of timing and getting everything done properly. Being able to take your time and double check things is great.

The hardest part for me was the timing of the resin uptake. It sucked up the resin a lot quicker than I expected and I almost didn't clamp the feed line in time which would have ruined the part.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts