MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a few pic's of my Web 3.0 TRD 62m Supercharger. I want to thank my friend Matt for letting me use his garage, Cap for his help with the valve train & Bill for his insight.

With an engine at 92,000 miles and running 160ish compression on all four cylinders the rings needed to be replaced to get the most out "WHP".
As of this week the new rings are installed on up-dated stock pistons, new valve seals, MRW barrings, adjusted my valves (Thanks Cap for the help). Today I mocked up the Supercharger with the head off the car. Then I put the head & cams back into the car.

A dremmel goes a long way. 02 up-dated stock pistons.

Changing out the old valve seals, look at those cams.

TRD Supercharger and Head

All bolted up with throttle body and newly painted valve cover.

Shame I can't look at it like this when its in the car.

Hand tighten the new ARP head studs

Head bolts all tighten up. 30flbs-35flbs-40flbs-45flbs-50flbs-55flbs then loosen each bolt 1/8 turn until loose and do it over. I know its overkill but I know its on I hope;).

Alt is relocated to the exhaust side, this it an idler pulley and mount

Cams are in and the valve cover is on,

Tomorrow Supercharger bolt up????

Reactions: Mattheus

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if I was going to go FI there is no one I would want touching my car more then Web 3.0 you could carve 1/2 his brain out with a rusty spoon and he would still know more then then most anyone else on the planet on how to do it right! good luck with the SC fill us in on how you like it!
I agree, in one conversation Bill explained what I needed to make it work and how to check / remove the head to change out the rings. It should be fun to finally have it in and running. I've been collecting parts for a year. lol It really has been a year I took delivery of the Supercharger 12/20/08

· Registered
1,852 Posts
What are you going to tune with, going to get it on a dyno? What intake and exhaust are you using? Do you know what pulley size / how much boost it will run? Injector size? Looks great!

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice did ya cut the firewall for clearance
Its cut, I like the fact I can now access the hole engine now.

It was easy to put in the new 160* TRD thermostat

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What are you going to tune with, going to get it on a dyno? What intake and exhaust are you using? Do you know what pulley size / how much boost it will run? Injector size? Looks great!
Did you look at my garage?

I'll be doing Web's long distance tune, not sure on the pulley it was custom ground by Corky. should max out around 12psi. I'm looking to have around 200+ whp

On hand I have:

Power-fc
Custom cold air intake 2.5" (soon to be 2.75")with custom cold air shield.
Che Header,Down Pipe
Megan racing exhaust
Monkey Wrench Racing Chromoly Ultralight Flywheel
ACT HD clutch
Moroso Oil Pan
Quaife LSD
Corolla 5th gear swap
Innovative Engine Mounts 85A
Toyota Ring set
Snow Meth injection stage II
Ductch works 700cc injectors
255 lph fuel pump
Denso IK24 spark plugs
Monkey Wrench Tri metal rod barrings
Monkey Wrench under drive Alt pulley
ARP Head bolts

· Registered
1,852 Posts
The TRD is CARB legal for the Corolla & Vibe wont it pass the SN?
If you have carb stickers it will but, honestly, it is super hard to tell that I have a s/c on my car (Gregg's old s/c that does not require firewall cut). Even a toyota mechanic who had a 2zz spyder looked in my engine bay and didn't think twice about it being stock until I told him it was s/c'd. Just looks like I have an intake and exhaust unless you really are looking or know whats up, the s/c is black and the only thing out of the norm is the drive belt.

That is a crazy build though Kalva, you should be over 200 with 12 PSI. At 7.5 I am pushing 170 to the wheels. Only 380cc injectors and a Greddy EMB, stock sized PPE intake and then a little oversized PPE header with PPE cat / TM single, original mwr flywheel, and AEM meth inj although I don't think it's tuned for power out of the methanol, just as a safety because he didn't change any timing or fuel on the map. Just need to get a 6 spd lsd.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is a crazy build though Kalva, you should be over 200 with 12 PSI. At 7.5 I am pushing 170 to the wheels. Only 380cc injectors and a Greddy EMB, stock sized PPE intake and then a little oversized PPE header with PPE cat / TM single, original mwr flywheel, and AEM meth inj although I don't think it's tuned for power out of the methanol, just as a safety because he didn't change any timing or fuel on the map. Just need to get a 6 spd lsd.
My cat less dp should free up some hp & the 62m blades add something close to 30% more air over a stock TRD supercharger. We'll see;-) I believe Web made 230whp & 190wtq with Stage II cams. I'd like as much wtq as I can get. Now I know how easy it is to chanage out the cams, buckets, springs I'll have to start saving for stage II.

· Registered
3,099 Posts
Excellent choice on the corolla 5th gear set. A true overdrive option that keeps the good acceleration. When (if) I go forced induction the mr2 5 speed with corolla 5th set is going on the back of the 2zz. I love my black&decker workmate, I think I spy one. The wife said once she is looking at a deck with hot tub on the back of the house I can do what I want to the car. Personally I think hot tubs are way overrated, but what can you do?

· Registered
9,633 Posts
Great you've started.

Love that access hole in the firewall. Maybe put a hinge on the cutout part so you can swing it?

I was thinking for some hard to reach and common problems (changing thermostat) some precisely cut round lightening and access holes in the firewall can be cut? Anyone ever thought about this?

Hey you got the deatschwerks injectors. a great company and they provide flow charts. great alternative to whatever is the norm for injectors.

no diy head porting while it was out?

· Registered
7,242 Posts
Yes it was, and now its all mine, Muwhaaaaaa!!!!!
I didn't know you ended up with that baby. It has made the rounds. I hope it brings you all the joy it brought me.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great you've started.

Love that access hole in the firewall. Maybe put a hinge on the cutout part so you can swing it?

I was thinking for some hard to reach and common problems (changing thermostat) some precisely cut round lightening and access holes in the firewall can be cut? Anyone ever thought about this?

Hey you got the deatschwerks injectors. a great company and they provide flow charts. great alternative to whatever is the norm for injectors.

no diy head porting while it was out?
The car is in my friends garage so I'm limited on time no head porting for me. :eusa_boohoo:A few people have put in access panels. The DW injectors should be good, I have the flow chart somewhere & they are a direct bolt in.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.