MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Too loud. Silver maybe?
I wanted a different look than I have seen. I'm doing white accents. I hardly see a black car with white accents, on any car not just spyders. It's a different look but when it's done I think it will look good. Thanks for the input, I always get good feedback from SC.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
the reason you don't see white accents, especially in convertibles, is the white gets dirty easy and discolors quickly.
That and the stark contrast makes it look cheap.

There was someone that did white interior accents on a Black car and it looked terrible.
There was a red car that had the whole interior white and it looked like Ronald McDonald drove it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Aside: it's really easy to avoid cables like that one on the left of your picture. You can put another socket (or just an extension cable) inside the glove box (the one above the HVAC knobs). Then you can splice the accessory power from behind the cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Aside: it's really easy to avoid cables like that one on the left of your picture. You can put another socket (or just an extension cable) inside the glove box (the one above the HVAC knobs). Then you can splice the accessory power from behind the cigarette lighter.

I would hide the cable but I'm a soldier and detectors are illegal on post, so I just take it down when I go to work. Thanks for the info though, I think I'll use that to hide the cable for my gps...:mellow:

plebian: I know white isn't easy to keep clean, but I like the look. I'm only doing a few things in white, I don't want it to get crazy with black and white every where and look like a zebra....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Despite all the "silver" complaints, I like what you did there. Thinking about painting other parts to match?
I had already started on a few other parts. I'll be posting pics tomorrow of what it looks like now. :cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.