MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on a reliable / honest mechanic or repair shop for Spyders in South Houston or the greater Houston area? Hoping to find someone more affordable than my local Toyota dealership.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any recommendations on a reliable / honest mechanic or repair shop for Spyders in South Houston or the greater Houston area? Hoping to find someone more affordable than my local Toyota dealership.

Thanks
Hi I am wondering if you have found someone to fix your MR2 and willing to share that info. I have a 2002 Spyder convertible and it needs a new engine and clutch. I live in the Houston area. 112000 miles. I believe it deserves a second chance. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
79 Posts
DDPR in Sealy, TX is still the choice closest to Houston in terms of reputable mr2 work. But there are other shops around Houston that can handle the swap as a direct replacement of the motor (1zz) is a simple ordeal for a mechanic/shop. If you are looking to k-swap it or something then I would go with DDPR unless you are willing to do work yourself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
DDPR in Sealy, TX is still the choice closest to Houston in terms of reputable mr2 work. But there are other shops around Houston that can handle the swap as a direct replacement of the motor (1zz) is a simple ordeal for a mechanic/shop. If you are looking to k-swap it or something then I would go with DDPR unless you are willing to do work yourself.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I would consider trailering it up to Sealy based on your recommendation. I searched the internet for DDPR but could not find it. Can you give me any other details about the business name and location. Thanks so much. V/R Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.