MR2 SpyderChat banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somehow my post last night disappeared, and even though the thread is still visible, I can't edit or delete it, so I'll try it again. I used to be kind of active on SC (username phenotyp), but my passwords and login got lost to the sands of time.

Hate to do it, but it's time to sell the best damn car I've ever owned. Bought it in September 2005 with 30K miles, second owner. It was my DD until very recently (always lived close to work, and walked to work for a while, hence the low miles).

I've done a few small things to it, and one big thing. Most obvious is the burgundy canvas Robbins top, replacing the stock roof in 2009 (gave up fighting the ubiquitous corner tears). It's a big improvement over stock. Also swapped the head unit to a 2003, so the orange lights match the gauges. Short antenna thanks to Spyderchat. Replaced the drip tray on the engine lid with some hex mesh perf from some server prototypes. Interior is in great shape, plastic is all black, leather shows little wear, except the shifter boot, which is looking a little tired.

The big one is the MSMB, installed in 2007. Huge, huge difference in stiffness, handling, and steering. The car went from "wheeeeeee" to "I got this."

Engine, transmission, and suspension are all stock. All I've ever had to do was change the oil, brake pads, and tires. Tires are a little wider than the stock Yokos (since they weren't available anymore), they're BF Goodrich Sports. Better grip and much nicer ride than stock.

I want to sell it to someone who knows what they're getting. Not out to BS anyone on anything. I wanted to post it here first and get some feedback from you on fair pricing, since you guys are the best. Car's been in TX most of its life, but I had it in CA for a while, and the TX registration is not current, though the plates are. I'm thinking $7500, though prices seem to have changed a lot in the last couple years, so I'm looking for some feedback from you.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Nice car, very clean, and I like the roof. Got to ask about the pre-cats. GLWS

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Precats are intact, never had any issues. I've checked them periodically over the years.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GLWS very clean

btw where did u get the mesh grill for the engine lid?
any undr pics.
Don't have any under pics, as I don't have a lift. I got the hex mesh from some leftover parts from server prototypes, and cut it into shape.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Looks like you have done your homework. Like the top. Depending how much time you have might determine your final price. If you are in no hurry, I think you are at least in the right ballpark. However, I can see offers initially in the 6500 range. Since you still have the precats, I would suggest addressing any oil consumption, or what you think it burns between oil changes. Maybe I missed if you mentioned. Car looks clean, although up close and personal can paint a different picture. GLWS.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you have done your homework. Like the top. Depending how much time you have might determine your final price. If you are in no hurry, I think you are at least in the right ballpark. However, I can see offers initially in the 6500 range. Since you still have the precats, I would suggest addressing any oil consumption, or what you think it burns between oil changes. Maybe I missed if you mentioned. Car looks clean, although up close and personal can paint a different picture. GLWS.
No rush on the sale. Like I said, I've DD'ed it since Sept 2005. This is a great car, and the improvements I've done have made a big difference (canvas top, MSMB, etc). The intake and exhaust are stock. Oil consumption is about 1L/1500 miles, give or take. Yeah, I've done my homework, I've had it for 8 1/2 years, and taken good care of it. I love this car, and I want its new home to be a good one. I can't say enough good things about it.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Looks like a very clean car. And I like how you put some nice pics of it up. You must have a good camera and also know how to take pictures. I'm not sure about price, but I could see people paying somewhere in the $6k-$7k range. And you might get someone to pay the $7500 price depending on if they know what they're getting and really like the color combo and other small things done to the car. Plus, once they see the LT Short Antenna in person that is on the car, it should be a done deal. ;)

GLWS!

·
Registered
2,895 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That burgundy top should have been factory. Car looks very good- GLWS!
It looked like a risk in 2009; my options were black canvas, tan canvas, or red canvas. It looked pretty good when I installed it.

And I still think it was the right move. It gets compliments.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like a very clean car. And I like how you put some nice pics of it up. You must have a good camera and also know how to take pictures. I'm not sure about price, but I could see people paying somewhere in the $6k-$7k range. And you might get someone to pay the $7500 price depending on if they know what they're getting and really like the color combo and other small things done to the car. Plus, once they see the LT Short Antenna in person that is on the car, it should be a done deal. ;)

GLWS!

The antenna should close it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Surprised this has not sold yet??
Came here to post:

Sold yesterday afternoon to a very happy dude who drove up from Houston. He even texted me after getting home to thank me again. He'd been looking and saving for one for a long time. I might have gotten more money from someone else if I'd waited longer, but the offer was fair, and he was so excited about it, it just felt like the right time and place to say goodbye. He promised to take good care of it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update:

Sold yesterday to a buyer from Houston. Sad to see the empty space, and it's really weird after 8 1/2+ years that it's not there anymore. Gonna miss the hell out of it, but the dude who bought it was really, really happy, and promised to take great care of it. Wish him, and all y'all, all the best.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sure hope he knows about this site as I'm sure you told him. Waiting on his introduction and we all will wish him well to Permigrin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.