MR2 SpyderChat banner

541 - 560 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Are the "large" deflectors still available? I'd like to order a set. PM me if they are, please?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Let me know if you get them

I PM'd recently about availability, and he says he's not making them anymore due to lack of demand. Please let me know if you get yours - would love a pair of small ones.

·
Registered
228 Posts
he refunded me, he doesn't make them anymore....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any chance of making these again? Or any leftovers available? I'm 6'2" and the wind beating my face is killer sometimes. Have to slouch over to the center... It's awkward.

I'd buy in a heartbeat ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Could be more cost effective now

Surely some enterprising person with a 3D printer could print these with acrylic or something and save a lot of time manually making them? I would sure love a set as well. They go instantly whenever they show up online, so there is a hungry market for them, for sure.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah they could be produced pretty easy with the proper equipment.. these would make driving the Spyder so much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I agree. I would take a set of each size. I has a set of each, but sold the small set - I know that was CRAZY - and only have the passenger side large one. I need the drivers side large - if anyone has a set for sale.

Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Perhaps if Mongo is no longer making them he could share the dimensions/drawing for them. Cutting and bending acrylic is not rocket science.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
This was one of the first mods I did to my spyder. I would put this in the top 3 mods I have done. I cracked one (rock kicked up between mirror and door) a couple years ago and bought a set, of a hand full Mongo had left. They do make a night and day difference in the air flow and noise in side the car. not to mention all the large juicy bugs that have not hit me in the side of the head. Thanks Mongo!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I live in a very windy area. When sitting comfortably while driving it's like getting smacked in the side of the head with a wet towel over and over and over... I might have to try and make my own, just don't want them looking super ghetto.

541 - 560 of 589 Posts