MR2 SpyderChat banner

561 - 580 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok ok... All joking aside, this is a huge PITA for me. If anyone owns a pair and can post a close up picture of them I'd appreciate it. I might try to fab something up. Are they just made from acrylic?
Mongo isn't responding to PMs so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Ok ok... All joking aside, this is a huge PITA for me. If anyone owns a pair and can post a close up picture of them I'd appreciate it. I might try to fab something up. Are they just made from acrylic?
Mongo isn't responding to PMs so any help would be appreciated.
I have a pair of large installed. I will measure them, but this means you are on the hook for manufacturing them for the forum! :)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Here's a thought - get the measurements for both sizes and place in a sticky. Working acrylic isn't difficult and plenty of how-to's out there. Why not make a fresh thread and get a current buyer's list together and someone is likely to pick up the fabrication task if there's enough interest.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Whoever decides to make them, I am in for a pair of the small and large ones! :biggthumpup:

BTW, my eyes and nose would really appreciate it if someone took on this project ASAP. They both are really tired of the jet stream of non-stop pollen that the OEM mirrors sends directly to my face when I drive --- as much as possible ---- with the top down.

Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't know what you guys are referring too, can't see any pics. Sounds like some kind of wind deflector. Anyhow.... I have a CNC mill at my disposal and if someone can produce a sample, I might be able to get them presisly cut. I'm in Taiwan till the end if the month so pardon the time difference.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mongos

I think part of the trick would be getting the correct angle bent in them - it's not 90 degrees. I've got the small ones, and love them,
would be happy to purchase another pair as a gift for a friend. (he's not getting mine!)

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
Hey guys, I had a lot of interested parties about the Mongo wind deflectors recently so I decided to make a batch.

I've got 25 sets up for grabs if anybody wants them. Price is $35 shipped and all fees included. Thank you.

·
Registered
842 Posts
For those who don't know first hand, these deflectors will change your driving experience for the better. I got mine handed down to me from a guy in my motorcycle club who no longer has his Spyder... but definitely worth the purchase price.

561 - 580 of 589 Posts