MR2 SpyderChat banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
I use the 0-60 to gauge how quick a vehicle might be. In real life daily driving it is pretty immaterial for my driving. It seems like my Tacoma 2.4L does 0-60 in 6 minutes :~) but I still love it as a tool. I knew the spyder would satisfy my driving wants as is with the 1ZZ but of course I just had to get a little more out of it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well it all depends. 0 to 60 times in my 2015 Hellcat was pretty interesting and downright scary sometimes. The only car I’ve ever owned that would boil the tires at 65 MPH. The Spyder is a different kind of fun and a damn sight safer.

·
Registered
371 Posts
As Jay Leno likes to say....most of the fun in a sports car happens between 20 and 120 mph. I happen to agree with this statement. Thus 0-60 times are a very important part of what makes a sports car fun; "quickness and agility" over straight line top speed. Trying to hit a cars top speed can be fun in it's own right but also more frightening....

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've owned an Absolutely Red 2002 MR2 as pictured at the top of the initial post in this thread for about 15 years.

Wouldn't have bought it or kept it if I thought it was ugly. It won't win any design awards for its appearance but it's certainly not IMO anything close to "ugly."

Frankly, I think the addition of cosmetic paneling on the MR2 just makes the car look tacky but to each their own.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
22 Participants
Swingshiftworker
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing