MR2 SpyderChat banner

Upgrading Stock Suspension

715 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dblazer 
#1 ·
I'm looking to improve the handling of the stock suspension on my Spyder and would ideally like to buy a set of adjustable coilovers. However, given the budget required (~$1,000 minimum for a decent set), I was wondering if the addition of a stiffer (Che) front swaybar to the stock setup would offer some improvement in the meantime, for what is currently a road-only car? I like the idea of upgrading progressively and learning about the effects of individual components too. My main aim is to try and dial out some of the body roll inherent in the stock config. and I figured that for $100 it might be worth a try?

#3 ·
Do you think it's rational to just start with a stiffer front swaybar and leave the stock rear one? The previous owner fitted a square 15"-225 tyre setup, so I thought that just stiffening the front would maybe help compensate by moving the balance of grip back to the rear a bit, in addition to reduced body roll at the front?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.