MR2 SpyderChat banner

US style parking light/indicator light

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve G PW 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if the front indicators on the usdm models also are used as parking lights? On the euro models they are separate, so im thinking about combining them so they light up on normal driving, but with a 5w/21w bulb. Any thoughts on how to do it? Guess I cant just buy a new socket?

Like this:

See less See more
#2 ·
On the integra, the inner lights are fog lights. (We also never got those headlights on the integra in the US) The outside edge is the indicator.

The turn signals in our headlamp housings are not running lights, the lights lower on the bumper are. The turn signals (indicators) are only used as turn signals.

#4 ·
I don't know if this helps, but last summer, I wired up some LED strips as DRL's:

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?48566-Some-work-on-the-Spyder-today-%28LPX-front-lip-and-LED-DRL-s%29&highlight=

Wiring was extremely easy, and they (to me) look very good.

On my Acura TL, the inner lights are the fogs (as on the RSX above)- I never liked them as fogs, as it looks like my high beams are on so I had them rewired as DRLs (which the car previously didn't have), and then added fog lights in the lower bumper area. I can have the DRLs on or off via a dash switch.

#5 ·
I don't know if this helps, but last summer, I wired up some LED strips as DRL's:
Erdoc... your DRL lights rock!

I'm wanting to have DRL (LEDs like yours) AND DRL amber lights where the turn signal lights are.... and still have turn signals... AND still have DRL stock low-light bulb too...

Okay.... maybe on the stock DRL low-light location.....

#7 ·
When you're driving down the road and you see a newer model Corvette coming at you... and those amber lights.... and the sleek body... MMMMmmm! Yes! Visual yumminess! Just the right amount of YES!

That's what I'm looking for...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.