MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a modified 2000 MRS that is turbocharged. All of the mods look like the person who did the work knew what they were doing. But I am puzzled by a vacuum line, with no check valve or any other device, that looks like it was added to the top of the fuel pump housing. Does this make sense to anyone? I am worried about what happens when the engine is under boost. All of the original lines are still connected, the EVAP system is intact, and there are no codes.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Likely the Factory Fuel Pressure Regulator in the Tank was replaced with a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator.. as the Boost Level rises, so does the Fuel Pressure..

What is the EMS on the Thing?..

Cap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has the blue emange system. When I installed a Hondata ECU on my Honda I removed the fuel pressure regulator that came with the turbo kit. That regulator would increase the fuel pressure 11 lbs for every pound of boost. Do you think the Power Enterprise turbo kit on this car came with a fuel pressure regulator? Should it still be connect with the emanage system? The car still has the stock injectors. I wish I could plot the air to fuel ratio. I try to watch the A/F gauge but everything happens too fast. It does seem to run a little lean except when it is under boost. The emanage does have the manifold pressure input connected.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
I'm Running an 'Overly Monitored' Somewhat Stock Spyder.. I can Monitor and Log lots of things..

What type of AFR Gauge do you have?..

Can you Spend about 500$ to install some Logging Stuff?..

I can Show you what I Have..

Cap

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I bought a modified 2000 MRS that is turbocharged. All of the mods look like the person who did the work knew what they were doing. But I am puzzled by a vacuum line, with no check valve or any other device, that looks like it was added to the top of the fuel pump housing. Does this make sense to anyone? I am worried about what happens when the engine is under boost. All of the original lines are still connected, the EVAP system is intact, and there are no codes.
Check with KingSpyder. It sounds like it has a PE turbo (kit) which includes a rising rate FPR inside the fuel pump housing. Matter of fact, I once Googled and found an instruction manual for that setup - but the recollection is a bit fuzzy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the help on this; I am still learning about this car. I am used to having the pressure regulator in the return fuel line, which this car does not have. I was looking to buy the software for the emanage system, but I am afraid I will be disappointed. I would like to have a programmable ECU that has data logging capability, but I have not spent anytime researching what is available. I am guessing that even with the emanage system, the stock injectors will not provide enough fuel under boost without increasing the fuel pressure. The wideband is an AEM UEGO. I am more familiar with PLX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts