MR2 SpyderChat banner

121 - 140 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
looking at the hood and the spoiler, and possibly your future CF decklid
u should paint your A pillar black

lets do a photoshoot together in spring break!
i am getting a hardtop next week from mike

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Well I finally test fitted the new wheels (only ordered 2 incase I needed to order narrower ones for the front).

Here's a video checking clearance in the front.
http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z4OG5/hash/7qkbs3nb.swf?v=1328074011686&ev=0
not the best quality since it was uploaded from the iPhone to facebook and it compresses it too much.

Full shot

Rear

Front

Another full shot.

Wheels are TRMotorsport C1s, 15x8 et20, ordered for a 323i iirc.
Tires are 225/45-15 NT01s.

Car is filthy and hasn't been washed since I got back from the Dragon... she should get a bath this week.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
by far the most stickers ive seen on a spyder
Yeah, I got the banner because the visors kept falling on me. The sides are shops I use and support. The decklid and wing stickers are because I don't like the wing as far as appearance goes so I just decided to make it a joke until I can get a second decklid. Also a remnant from my VW days, I kind of like the look of a single bodypanel so covered in decals that you can't see paint and some of the stickers aren't even legible.

Sorry, what kind of bar is that?
Also, is it weld on or bolt on?
Any modifications for fitment?
Thanks!
Harddog single Diagonal. Purchased from Bethania garage.
Bold in
Drill 30 hole, drop gas tank, cut into chassis... figure about 18 hours of labor if you were to pay someone to do it... search for more info.

Here are some more shots of the car.

MGL Avionics Oil Pressure and Temp Gauge, wired into a 108db alarm for when it goes over temp or under pressure.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I finally test fitted the new wheels (only ordered 2 incase I needed to order narrower ones for the front).

http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/rsrc.php/z4OG5/hash/7qkbs3nb.swf?v=1328074011686&ev=0
not the best quality since it was uploaded from the iPhone to facebook and it compresses it too much.

Full shot

Rear

Front

Another full shot.

Car is filthy and hasn't been washed since I got back from the Dragon... she should get a bath this week.
Nice. I have the same wheels in bright silver, but haven't lowered my car yet. Tamago has these wheels as well , but said the rears didn't camber in far enough on his. That true for you too? He mentioned 15mm camber bolts. Are you running these?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Nice. I have the same wheels in bright silver, but haven't lowered my car yet. Tamago has these wheels as well , but said the rears didn't camber in far enough on his. That true for you too? He mentioned 15mm camber bolts. Are you running these?
I'm not running any crash/camber bolts in the rear, I have che's adjustable arms. I'm able to get -2.7 degrees of camber in the back and have about 8mm of clearance from the tire to the bolt for the sway bar. I plan to put a 10mm-15mm spacer out back with longer wheel studs to push rears further out since I still have plenty of room and once that's done could get more -camber if I wanted to, but I think anything over -3 is overkill from running that much for a while. It's less predictable and more prone to snap around on you with that much negative camber. The fronts stick out a bit but I plan to roll and pull the front fenders as well as using crashbolts to get more negative camber, I'm shooting for atleast -2 to -2.5 degrees in the front for camber which should tuck the front in nicely. I'm also going to have to pull the front fender liners since they are rubbing a bit. I'll be running the 15x8 20 offset all around with 225/45/15s all around. A 0 offset 15x8 from TR motorsports would work very well in the back but I think 20 is the lowest offset they have.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm not running any crash/camber bolts in the rear, I have che's adjustable arms. I'm able to get -2.7 degrees of camber in the back and have about 8mm of clearance from the tire to the bolt for the sway bar. I plan to put a 10mm-15mm spacer out back with longer wheel studs to push rears further out since I still have plenty of room and once that's done could get more -camber if I wanted to, but I think anything over -3 is overkill from running that much for a while. It's less predictable and more prone to snap around on you with that much negative camber. The fronts stick out a bit but I plan to roll and pull the front fenders as well as using crashbolts to get more negative camber, I'm shooting for atleast -2 to -2.5 degrees in the front for camber which should tuck the front in nicely. I'm also going to have to pull the front fender liners since they are rubbing a bit. I'll be running the 15x8 20 offset all around with 225/45/15s all around. A 0 offset 15x8 from TR motorsports would work very well in the back but I think 20 is the lowest offset they have.
Thanks for the info. Yah i have the already have these mounted on my car, so was just curious how the camber worked out in the rear because they do stick out, and I'm lowering mine in the near future. Maybe it'll turn out different for me since I'm running 15x7 F with 205/50/15 and the 15x8 R with a 225/50/15. I didn't realize you were running 15x8 all around either. That explains why I thought your fronts stick out quite a bit further than mine do. Your car is coming along great by the way!

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Pics from the Last event.
I should have the 225/45/15 NT01s mounted by the event on the 10th. Gonna be adding a lot of grip and a lot of negative camber up front. I'm waiting on the crash bolts from toyota.

Here are some pics from this event.

·
Registered
758 Posts

Full shot

Rear

Front

Another full shot.

Random ass deer head - haha - you know your in tx when...

your oil temp and pressure setup + warning system seems like a pretty cool setup, nicely done

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Thanks. Best part is the gauge was $115 shipped from MGL Avionics. With that said, it doesn't read higher than 255 oil temp and the highest you can set the alarm is 250. I see higher temps than that at events so the plan is to get an oil cooler and eventually a better gauge.

On another note, the MR-S is now officially my weekend/race car. Here's my new daily.

91 MR2 Turbo with a JDM Gen 2 3sgte swap. HKS exhaust, larger intercooler, 255 fuel pump, Work wheels, Tein Coilovers, TRD rear strut brace, etc. It's pretty fun, I want to put some reclinable buckets in since I don't really like how high the seats are, but it's only got around 77k miles on the chassis and only 60k miles on the motor. Still sorting some issues out, power steering, speedometer, and that it doesn't like to start after it gets rained on... but once it's all said and done it'll make a great daily.

·
Registered
758 Posts
having two cars will make it much easier to do work on both of them

you'll enjoy it

wow, two mr2's both with swaps

oh, I am really surprised by that high oil temp while doing events, greater than 250 F, I am guessing its at ttt events

whats the oil temp when curising down the freeway for an extented period of time?

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
having two cars will make it much easier to do work on both of them

you'll enjoy it

wow, two mr2's both with swaps

oh, I am really surprised by that high oil temp while doing events, greater than 250 F, I am guessing its at ttt events

whats the oil temp when curising down the freeway for an extented period of time?
Yeah the 91 was a turbo but had a blown motor, so the gen2 3sgte was the obvious choice.

Cruising temps I'll see around 190. 205 if I use lift. That's with the TRD thermostat. Next step is an oil cooler. I was running 5w30 300V from motul at the last event. Gonna use up the rest of my 8100 excess then just order 300v in te future

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Did some more gutting.

The JVC double din is getting swapped into the MR2 Turbo. I was going to swap the 6.5" Focals as well but upon inspection the driver side is blown.

Instead i'll be getting a 5 1/4" sub for the factory box, and getting some new door speakers.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Did some more gutting.

The JVC double din is getting swapped into the MR2 Turbo. I was going to swap the 6.5" Focals as well but upon inspection the driver side is blown.

Instead i'll be getting a 5 1/4" sub for the factory box, and getting some new door speakers.
WOW You already Installed NAWZZ

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)
removed the speakers today.
Working on removing the softtop, the harddog is making it a pita. After the soft top is out I will be removing the windows and window motor.

Updated, soft top, speakers, and stereo removed.

Next time I go in for the allignment i'll get the car weighted and add more negative camber.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Ordered this 9" double bend extension from WX Lathe Werks. Can't wait to see if it helps at the events, it makes shifting effortless and you don't have to spend as much time reaching for the shifter.

I may order a white copolymer or delrin style shift knob in the future. This guy has a brass thread insert for them to keep them from threading, but I may just get a Kartboy knob.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
did you change the leverage on the bottom side of the shifter? if not, i recommend CTengineering (comptech) short shifter adapter for acura TSX.
I believe so, I'm using Che's Short Shifter with the extension on top, iirc Che's changed it, but i'll look at the TSX one.

121 - 140 of 241 Posts