MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Bought this awhile back so I figured it's time to get started. I don't have alot of extra
time so progress will be slow and there's lots to do. First thing will be wheels and tires.Then it needs a bunch of body bracing ,paint and an engine...that should keep me busy for awhile.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Awesome, should be a lot of fun! I really wanted a Veilside Fortune kit, but they are no longer available and have been discontinued (as far as I know and from what I've read on the web) - so I'm a bit jealous :) I will just say to enjoy it, and I can't wait to see the end results - I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Have a great day,

Mike

·
Registered
731 Posts
Mike, you can always get a replica (similar to Veilside, kinda) through LP (deep pocket purchase!).

Looking forward to following this project!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Who's the angry guy in the first pic carrying the shovel?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
and i thought i had too much fender gap

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I always wondered what a wide body kit looked like with stock wheels.I would love a wide body kit but the price of custom sized wheels can cost more than the kit itself.

·
Registered
490 Posts
is that your future mod list in your sig?
He's posted pics of the 3S-GTE in a Spyder before. IIRC it was a Gulf color scheme car.

OP, do you still have your MKI? That was the coolest MKI I've ever seen, you should post pics again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cool! Another Veilside Project!!!

Yup all is true damm thing does cost a lot and the wait for everything to come in from Japan took forever!

Wheels? Are you gonna keep the 4 lug or conversion spacers 5x114?

I did the conversion because there are more options in wheel styles.

Good Luck! Can't wait to see it complete!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mike, you can always get a replica (similar to Veilside, kinda) through LP (deep pocket purchase!).

Looking forward to following this project!
Hey Doc! :)

Actually, I have been in LOVE with the LP Super Warrento kit, but after reading and seeing what many of you have done in keeping the cars true to themselves, I have been re-thinking all of that. It's a great idea at FIRST, until you really think about it. Plus, that kit is $7000 shipped - I can do a lot of other things with that cash :) :) But hey, you never know :)

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's posted pics of the 3S-GTE in a Spyder before. IIRC it was a Gulf color scheme car.

OP, do you still have your MKI? That was the coolest MKI I've ever seen, you should post pics again.

Yes I still have the mk1. It's completely tore apart...I have many hours of welding to do.
Here's a pic when it was mostly together.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool! Another Veilside Project!!!

Yup all is true damm thing does cost a lot and the wait for everything to come in from Japan took forever!

Wheels? Are you gonna keep the 4 lug or conversion spacers 5x114?

I did the conversion because there are more options in wheel styles.

Good Luck! Can't wait to see it complete!

For now I'm sticking with 4 x 100..I think I have some I can make work with a spacer. Hope to try this weekend if I get everthing.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Anybody who has an 8 car garage is cool.

Not a fan of the Mad Max Gen 1 drop top though - is there a story to it?

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anybody who has an 8 car garage is cool.

Not a fan of the Mad Max Gen 1 drop top though - is there a story to it?

It seems you either like it or hate it...not too many in the middle.

The Story...actually is very common. First autocross car and the quest to become "Speed
Racer" haha.

You know...lower..stiffer..lighter..wider tires..more power..on and on. But it is a blast and everbody should do it once.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Marvin,
I'm glad you popped in...I may need some close up pics in the future. Nice car by the way !!
Thanks! I have more than 100 on fb if I don't have you added already but I can share more.

OP, if you need any help or suggestion moving forward with finishing the looks let me know. My initial suggestion though is to not get any cheap set of wheels with spacers. This wide body only works right with nice expensive offset wheels.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts