MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know I am working on some VeilSide style hood vents. I almost have the negative mold smoothed out to start making the parts. Here is a picture of the negative mold, it may not look like much but I hope to have a finished product within middle or late august.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be able to modified this vent easy and make those of this same mold by just cutting it out. You'll see and the I plan to make the underside vent box also. I think you'll be happy when its done.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was thinking about picking up a veilside hood but I'm going to hold off to see how your project turns out. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would like to see how many people are possibly interested in these where I have an idea for a first production run count. I was thinking of just producing 5 sets at a time, but if there seems to be more market for them I would like to do 10-15 sets at a time. However the hard part (negative mold) is almost done. The actually part making is just time consuming and mainly a wait game. Laying the fiberglass is actually the easy part.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I know a lot of people won't give up the plastics in the frunk area but have you thought about making the duct to go from the radiator to the scoops?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know a lot of people won't give up the plastics in the frunk area but have you thought about making the duct to go from the radiator to the scoops?
Theres very little room to work with, unless the plastics are removed but I do plan to make a duct system for the vents so the radiator can cool more. It would be sold as a different unit because some people would just be into the vents for looks. I'm 100% sure the plastics will have to be removed for it to serve well enough to cool the radiator any.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE: Sorry I've been working alot lately and havn't had the time to work on the hood vents. I will be getting back on them soon as my hours at work have went back to normal.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, a year has gone by and I'm going to try to start working on these again but no promisses on finish date.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts