MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, my paint protection film shop damaged my wing by driving the car without latching the engine lid (it takes some love). They offered free services, but I wasn't impressed with their services and just ate the loss. I had a decision to make. Repair and repaint the wing for 950, buy a new FRP wing for (1800 + paint), or buy a carbon fiber wing from veilside for $2300. I decided to roll with the repair.

However, 4 months on I'm starting to notice that my wing is looking funky. Weird depressions all over. From what I've gathered, the veilside wing has problems of its own, which is why so many veilside kits you see for sale from time to time have no wing or a different wing.

With that context, I'm not sure if it would be right for me to approach the guy who made the repair and be like 'I'm having these issues how do you make this right?' or just realize that the real problem is that the wing is way too heavy and that these things will just get damaged over time.

I'm thinking of getting the carbon fiber wing, but it will be a while. Need to recover, this build is draaaaaining me.
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Atmosphere Hood Automotive lighting Street light Automotive tire
Water Asphalt Road surface Natural landscape Landscape

·
Registered
47 Posts
Long story short, my paint protection film shop damaged my wing by driving the car without latching the engine lid (it takes some love). They offered free services, but I wasn't impressed with their services and just ate the loss. I had a decision to make. Repair and repaint the wing for 950, buy a new FRP wing for (1800 + paint), or buy a carbon fiber wing from veilside for $2300. I decided to roll with the repair.

However, 4 months on I'm starting to notice that my wing is looking funky. Weird depressions all over. From what I've gathered, the veilside wing has problems of its own, which is why so many veilside kits you see for sale from time to time have no wing or a different wing.

With that context, I'm not sure if it would be right for me to approach the guy who made the repair and be like 'I'm having these issues how do you make this right?' or just realize that the real problem is that the wing is way too heavy and that these things will just get damaged over time.

I'm thinking of getting the carbon fiber wing, but it will be a while. Need to recover, this build is draaaaaining me. View attachment 89441 View attachment 89442 View attachment 89443
Should have let them make the repairs, what did u have to loose?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have let them make the repairs, what did u have to loose?
I paid for the repair the first picture is what happened originally, the second and 3rd picture is how it looks now. My question is that is it reasonable for me to expect the guy who repaired the wing to 'make it right' when I know people have problems with these wings from the factory

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I honestly can't even tell if its anywhere near the same area in all 3 pics. Either way 4 months later is a crapshoot IMO. They shouldn't be expected to work for free at that point & you'd be "optimistic" to pay a shop (even at a reduced rate) for a second chance at fixing something you weren't happy with in the first place.

Reactions: dcharl9

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I honestly can't even tell if its anywhere near the same area in all 3 pics. Either way 4 months later is a crapshoot IMO. They shouldn't be expected to work for free at that point & you'd be "optimistic" to pay a shop (even at a reduced rate) for a second chance at fixing something you weren't happy with in the first place.
yeah, ill just move on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts