MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone here who managed to install the vis HT?

i read a bunch of threads about the vis top but theyre all slightly dated. The top im looking at right now sold by mobb motorsports says that the hardware and weatherstrips are included unlike the old stock which doesnt come with weatherstrips.

Do i still need to buy a hard top fitting kit even with the included hardware that comes in the box? Also if anyone can give me guidance online or in person, that would be appreciated. Im located in los angeles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I installed it. Well, I'm still installing it... the fit isnt perfect so ive been playing around with various adjustments. But it doesnt leak in rain at all. Hardware/weatherstrip/glass (or lexan) will depend on where u buy it i think. The front 2 latches are the same as the ones on your soft top. you'll definitely need the side latches. and don't get the rear latches. they don't even work. I just shaved off that piece of carbon. I had no choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where are u located?
I installed it. Well, I'm still installing it... the fit isnt perfect so ive been playing around with various adjustments. But it doesnt leak in rain at all. Hardware/weatherstrip/glass (or lexan) will depend on where u buy it i think. The front 2 latches are the same as the ones on your soft top. you'll definitely need the side latches. and don't get the rear latches. they don't even work. I just shaved off that piece of carbon. I had no choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts