MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the VIS Racing Techno R Front Lip while waiting on Luxurypart to finish his front lip. It finally came in after several calls to VIS to track it. I expected a FG lip in gray or black gel coat and to my surprise when I opened the box it was carbon fiber:eek:.

I tried test fitting it using tape, but it would not hold trying to do it myself. I would pull one side up and the other would slip off. Oh well, I will try to get out tomorrow night and attach it. The fitment appears that it will be pretty good based on what I seen by holding it in place, time will tell.

I am torn on to paint it to match the car or leave it CF and have it clear coated. I am having the front painted due to massive rock chips (a few from following Duska and Xbiker this spring, man that road had a load of rocks all over it) and the lovely holes that someone added screwing a tag directly to the nose:(. I also have MRSonly side vents and Luxurypart rear lip spoiler on its way. If they ever arrive, I order them almost 45 days ago now.

I promised a couple of people some pics and will post some more once I get it mounted in the next day or so.

Before -

After -

·
Registered
617 Posts
Cool deal!

03+ TRD(style) lips make you faster. ;)

Mine is from Seibon it fits very snuggly. I didn't need tape to keep it in place when I was test fitting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
it looks pretty good.
how much was the lip again?
it looks like it isnt fully snug on the corners ... is it cuz thats a test fit or is it already screwed in and the lip just doesnt fit flushed near the corners?
-john

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was like $310 delivered if I remember correctly.

The test fit could have been me, I had an aggrevating day at work and I was probably not being very patient with it. It appears that it will have a nice fit once attached in placed. The corners at the fender lip were not in the proper place when I took the pictures, thus there was some air gap as you started around to the side of the bumber. I am going to pick up some clips today and try to put it on this evening.

I will put it on and run in CF while I am waiting for the other pieces and see if I like it. I think some black wheels may tie it in better for me visually. Wheels and tires are next on the list since may back 2 are almost bald. We will see once I can make my choice on wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
i added some black door edge guard between the top and the front grill....it covers that thin strip of OEM paint between the CF edge and the black grill plus it made it slide on easier

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i added some black door edge guard between the top and the front grill....it covers that thin strip of OEM paint between the CF edge and the black grill plus it made it slide on easier
Good idea, I will pick a piece up today and try it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally had time to install the lip this morning. I like it overall. I will run it as CF until the vents and rear spoiler get here before I decide to paint or not.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts