21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Code:
Indeed the "hole" is asymetric and the cover isn't, see picture.

Looking for a better fit I have considered to try to make the perfect cover with a 3D printer, but didn't.
In the end I made one out of a piece of wood and spray-painted it black. It fills the hole nicely.
98% happy with the result...
Ah-thats an easy fix. When mine arrive I'll just put them on wedged risers. Fixed! (might have to body shop the edge and paint though)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Just got these in the mail today, Joe from Knobmeister was great to work with and did the MKI emblem for me. Another small victory...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Visor Covers!

I removed my visors this past Spring and cut black velcro to fit the shape of the hole and it looks very good. Was tired of looking at the red, yellow and white colors on the visors. Those aggressive colors seemed to get my attention and was somewhat distracting. Plus, now I have one less step in lowering or raising the top.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have those stupid visor plugs. I hate the visor delete. Why I'm not 6'2 I'm 5'8 and well there are more times I wish I had visors. Anyone want the plugs willing to trade for a working set of visors. Close to Seattle please.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have those stupid visor plugs. I hate the visor delete. Why I'm not 6'2 I'm 5'8 and well there are more times I wish I had visors. Anyone want the plugs willing to trade for a working set of visors. Close to Seattle please.
I would take you up on it but i am in tx unfortunately

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you are still in need when I replace my Spyder, I'll give them to you. I kept the plugs from my old one and intend on using them again. I'm 5'10" and though sometimes the sun misses the window frame, my car had about six inches of extremely dark window tint across the top of the glass and it worked perfectly. Maybe give that a try if you can't find any visors, it may help. Personally I like wearing welding goggles for sunglasses.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you are still in need when I replace my Spyder, I'll give them to you. I kept the plugs from my old one and intend on using them again. I'm 5'10" and though sometimes the sun misses the window frame, my car had about six inches of extremely dark window tint across the top of the glass and it worked perfectly. Maybe give that a try if you can't find any visors, it may help. Personally I like wearing welding goggles for sunglasses.
Hope you get your next spyder sooner then later. Who knows maybe I'll figure out a new engine swap option by then. Yet having the time to drive around hunting for parts is low now days. That and ehhh don't want to drop the engine again for the third time to swap a new engine in again.... It turned into a guessing game how many engines will I go through before 100k.

My favorite qoute a friend of mine said to me once. "You swap engines on cars more often then I change my oil" This was back in the day when I was swapping 20v's and 3sgte motors for my friends and myself. Ehhhhh 15 engine swaps done already and I'm not a tech!!! I swear next time I'll pass on doing it for people, and when my engine gives up the ghost I'll have someone else do it.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
I use a cap, it works better then the visors for me. I am on the other coast and have visors collecting dust on a shelf.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My interior is black so I simply cut velcro to fit (the fluffy side) and glued them in with Shoe Goo and it looks very good.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
20 Participants
Cotton
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing