MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my set of visor plugs in yesterday and installed them in about a minute. They look fantastic and were soooo cheap ($11.60 shipped). Plus the packaging was excellent. I could picture these being in an autoparts store and costing much more.

Anyway, for those of you who don't really have a need for your useless sun visors and would like to be able to get at the top latches quicker, add lightness, ... etc., I'd suggest heading over to the Knobmeister's site and buy a pair. He's great to do business with also.

Anyway, I just felt that the product and it's creator deserved some props. I'll see about taking and then posting some pics later on. but I'm already 2 or 3 mods behind on the picture posting. :oops:

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
I beg your pardon, my Lordship, but I beat ya to the punch way back here:

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17599

In the ensuing discussion, it was determined that those of us with mainly north-south commutes can get away with this maneuver. East-westies may want to keep the visors on. And still, after being de-visored for something like 4-5 months, when I want to put the top down my hands reach for the visors that aren't there anymore.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by southerneditor
I beg your pardon, my Lordship, but I beat ya to the punch way back here:

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=17599

In the ensuing discussion, it was determined that those of us with mainly north-south commutes can get away with this maneuver. East-westies may want to keep the visors on. And still, after being de-visored for something like 4-5 months, when I want to put the top down my hands reach for the visors that aren't there anymore.
Heh, I will probably be doing the same thing. My commute is both north south and east west, and now is the time of the year when the visors would be used. So I haven't needed them yet. 8)

And timing was never my strong suit. so

hehehehe

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by LordTakuban
I just got my set of visor plugs in yesterday and installed them in about a minute. They look fantastic and were soooo cheap ($11.60 shipped). Plus the packaging was excellent. I could picture these being in an autoparts store and costing much more.

Anyway, for those of you who don't really have a need for your useless sun visors and would like to be able to get at the top latches quicker, add lightness, ... etc., I'd suggest heading over to the Knobmeister's site and buy a pair. He's great to do business with also.

Anyway, I just felt that the product and it's creator deserved some props. I'll see about taking and then posting some pics later on. but I'm already 2 or 3 mods behind on the picture posting. :oops:
Oh comon. If you are gonna plug a product, at least link the site for the noobs who actually try and search.
http://www.knobmeister.com/VisorPlugs.htm

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by xman
Oh comon. If you are gonna plug a product, at least link the site for the noobs who actually try and search.
http://www.knobmeister.com/VisorPlugs.htm
Oops. I didn't have the link handy when I posted and was getting ready to leave my machine for a while. :oops:

Thanks for putting the link.

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by charles
i removed my visors but didn't buy the plugs, so i saved an extra 1/4 pound and 12 bucks!
That's an excellent choice for the aesthetically challenged, i.e. not

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
so i saved an extra 1/4 pound[/b]
Two pieces of molded plastic. Not even 1/16 of an ounce.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Originally posted by xman+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xman)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-charles
i removed my visors but didn't buy the plugs, so i saved an extra 1/4 pound and 12 bucks!
That's an excellent choice for the aesthetically challenged, i.e. not
[/b]
haha... i think that those plugs are ugly and ricey... but this board doesnt think anything that says mr-s/midship runabout/spyder is ricey...

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I'd be much more inclined to buy them if they were blank. I'm not crazy about either design, but I'll likely get a set anyways since the visors are entirely worthless to me.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Originally posted by southerneditor
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
so i saved an extra 1/4 pound
Two pieces of molded plastic. Not even 1/16 of an ounce.[/b][/quote]

2 pieces of plastic and 4 screws is more than 1.7 grams... actually im not 100% sure but i think i would be a little more... did you actually weight the objects?

anyways yea the weight is basically neglegable,butseriously my statement was a joke...

but i am glad i saved 12 bucks

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by oilfield_trash
I'd be much more inclined to buy them if they were blank. I'm not crazy about either design, but I'll likely get a set anyways since the visors are entirely worthless to me.
I think you can get them blank. The guy laser cuts the images himself I think. send an email (Though it may take a day or so to get a response). I think the blank ones are even cheaper.

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
Mine are blank and have an OEM look.

Although the act of removing the visors is in itself a subject open to debate, the knobmeisters themselves are a superb product beyond reproach.

G

·
0 Posts
I didn't know he had BLANK ones. That might be better for me. Although the visors don't bother me as much as they used to. Not since I removed the ugly warning stickers with that Goof Off remover. There was a nice thread on that somewhere.

Gonzo

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Originally posted by Beanie
You can also convert your stock parts to visor plugs. There's a little hole in the middle to make it even lighter :wink: and best of all it is free.
[adding lightness] Mmmmmmmmm 8) [/adding lightness]

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am such a Jspec Midship Runabout whore! I bought my knobmiester visor plugs before I bought my spyder. I have only driven my car with the visors on for the ride home from the dealership. I remember feeling like "Man do I hate these visors on here I can not wait to take them off." I don't regret it one bit. My wife ordered the visor plugs for me for as a gift and talked to the owner for a while. She said he was very nice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Knobmeister is a really great guy... the blank visor plugs look great, not at all ricey and he has a really cool business card he send with them. The business card itself is worth the price.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Originally posted by Beanie
You can also convert your stock parts to visor plugs. There's a little hole in the middle to make it even lighter :wink: and best of all it is free.
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I was thinking (a somewhat rare feat for me), AND using the search feature (that in itself is worth mentioning).

Anyway, I miss having interior spot illumination beams for map reading, etc like on my last car (Subaru SVX) and was wondering if anyone had ever implemented Beanie's solution. My idea was to use the visor hole to mount a narrow beam LED, running wires to a couple of pin-style switches mounted in the blank plug on the dash (near the key).

So, is there room for an LED w/resistor and new wires behind the trim, and/or more importantly, is this a dumb idea, i.e., just get over it - I mean why would a passenger ever want light - they should be to busy hanging on for life & limb to worry about reading something on their lap.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts