MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a bunch of flex time and an open schedule in July.
Anyone interested in a drive around WA?
Over to Chelan or Walla Walla to check out the wineries?
Woodinville?
North Cascades to Winthrop?
Up (or down for you Canadians) to Bellingham?
Weekends or weekdays work.
Lemme know.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I may be back up in Washington in the second half of July. If I am, I would be interested in a fun road trip.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Let me know which date, I might cross the border for the event. Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm in - probably should head east and avoid I5

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would love to do a road trip!

I am in for the North Cascades Loop! One of my favorites!

Looping the Olympics on 101 and heading out on the twisty's of 112 are a blast too!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Here's one idea Ellensburg to Leavenworth run.

Start in Ellensburg then take I-97 then Highway 2 into Leavenworth then you take Highway 2 back to the Monroe.

In the past we did a Leavenworth run via Monroe, this route would be all new roads the entire time. Down side would be the trip to Ellensburg.

Other ideas, and mind you had this one kicking around for a long time. A Paradise drive, ok the name is lame but Paradise point is the big viewpoint area on mt.rainer, there is also a road that goes higher called sunrise or was it sunset point. Great roads.

Cascade loop run is fun but it has to be a 2 day event. I did that before 600 miles about to run the entire loop and well people just get too burnt out from something that long. I say max would be 400 miles.

Baker is always a fun one been there many times with the MR2 club. If you make that drive lots of people show up from all over.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have organized a Z cruise through paradise park last couple years, running from the west side into naches for gas and coming back via 410 stopping at whistlin jacks for food one time and Wally's in Buckley the other time. The drive through paradise is amazing; though last time we did get stopped by the rangers up there.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have organized a Z cruise through paradise park last couple years, running from the west side into naches for gas and coming back via 410 stopping at whistlin jacks for food one time and Wally's in Buckley the other time. The drive through paradise is amazing; though last time we did get stopped by the rangers up there.
I will have to pick your brain about this matter. I always wanted to do that drive but no idea where to start.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Chelan drive is always fun!
back roads by the state park and then drive to the water front park
swim and BBQ at the water front park
I already have plans to go to Chelan with the dog after work on Friday August 17 to meet up with family for camping?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't want to thread-jack, but I'd very much appreciate some input from WA/BC/OR/Norcal drivers. I'm going to be moving to the Seattle area sometime in the next month or so, and I need a set of new tires before I head that way from Arkansas in the Spyder. If any of you would be willing to PM me and give me your opinion on what I should look at given the (presumably) frequent need to drive in cool, rainy weather, I'd very much appreciate it. I understand that extreme performance summer tires, even if highly rated for use in the rain, may not be worthwhile when it's rainy and 45 degrees outside.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get some advice and perspectives from y'all in person in the near future. :cool: Thanks for any input you can provide!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tires

I don't want to thread-jack, but I'd very much appreciate some input from WA/BC/OR/Norcal drivers. I'm going to be moving to the Seattle area sometime in the next month or so, and I need a set of new tires before I head that way from Arkansas in the Spyder. If any of you would be willing to PM me and give me your opinion on what I should look at given the (presumably) frequent need to drive in cool, rainy weather, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks for any input you can provide!
I run the standard stock size MR2 tires.
Got them from Tire Rack. Bridgestone Potenza's.
Stick well.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...s&autoMake=Toyota&autoYear=2001&autoModel=MR2 Spyder&autoModClar=

I dont drive the spyder in snow. One word: BAD.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WA Run

Been sort of absent from the Forum since I posted this . . . will give it some thought and get something out. August? Chelan.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I run the standard stock size MR2 tires.
Got them from Tire Rack. Bridgestone Potenza's.
Stick well.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...s&autoMake=Toyota&autoYear=2001&autoModel=MR2 Spyder&autoModClar=

I dont drive the spyder in snow. One word: BAD.
Thanks for getting back to me. I actually had the Potenza's; I had gotten them "gently" used from another member. After one of the rears blew, they were too expensive to replace considering the (lack of) mileage I would have gotten out of them, so I ended up getting some tires very close to stock but with much higher treadwear ratings. BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 in 195/50/15 and 205/45/16 from, yes indeed, Tire Rack. Not quite the apparently recommended 20-30 mm stagger, but it'll do. The side siping on the tires is good, which should theoretically help with snow, but after living in Ohio with the Spyder for 5 years, believe me I have no desire to learn how the g-Force Sports handle snow. Frankly, I have no desire to even learn how they handle temps below 40 degrees, but that will occasionally be unavoidable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.