MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be stock equivalent too, i.e. it does not have any performance benefits. Toyota only sells a re-manufactured clutch now.
more torque holding when i don't have more torque doesn't seem like a benefit, and it is the only thing i want that the stock clutch doesn't offer, really.

·
Registered
758 Posts
yup you read the rules right, stock clutch only

i was going to mention something in your previous thread but you kept talking about drastically more power, and I didn't see how you were gonna get that in str, so i assumed you were not staying in str

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yup you read the rules right, stock clutch only

i was going to mention something in your previous thread but you kept talking about drastically more power, and I didn't see how you were gonna get that in str, so i assumed you were not staying in str

My plan is that you never know what the future holds, and anything that you replace not worn out costs more total than replacing it with an upgrade right when the original wears out. I've been driving higher HP cars at autocross lately, and I'm really enjoying the challenge that power holds. I'm thinking SSM or XP for next year (but not all that seriously). I'm serious enough that I was going to do a clutch that can take SSM torque, so I don't have a brand new but used stock clutch collecting dust on a shelf in 6 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts