MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying for years to get WeatherTech to cut floor mats for the Spyder. I have them for every car & truck I have, except for my MR2 MK3.

I've just been told that if enough people request it, even if it's a discontinued model, they will cut them. The link below will let you request them to make them.

www weathertech com/service/product-updates/ (Put periods in the two spaces)

If everyone could take a few seconds to suggest TOYOTA / YOUR MODEL YEAR / MR2 SPYDER, we could finally have access to WeatherTech floor mats.

Suggesting the floor mats is in no way committing to buying them. They will send email if they become available. Help make this option available for us too.

Thanks,

Bill
2001 Black MR2 Spyder with hardtop

·
Registered
7 Posts
Done. Thank you and good luck.

I stopped in at their Bolingbrook store/production facility a couple years ago to get a set for my wife's new car and the woman I spoke with was pretty adamant that they would not be offering small run/custom floor mats.

Who knows, maybe the phone cup holders and dog bowls aren't blowing up like the floor mats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Done. Would love to have a set for my car. If they do not produce them are there any good alternatives?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been trying for years to get WeatherTech to cut floor mats for the Spyder. I have them for every car & truck I have, except for my MR2 MK3.

I've just been told that if enough people request it, even if it's a discontinued model, they will cut them. The link below will let you request them to make them.

www weathertech com/service/product-updates/ (Put periods in the two spaces)

If everyone could take a few seconds to suggest TOYOTA / YOUR MODEL YEAR / MR2 SPYDER, we could finally have access to WeatherTech floor mats.

Suggesting the floor mats is in no way committing to buying them. They will send email if they become available. Help make this option available for us too.

Thanks,

Bill
2001 Black MR2 Spyder with hardtop
Amazon.com: Lloyd Mats, Compatible With Toyota MR2 Spyder All-Weather Rubbertite Floor Mats 2 Piece Front Set - Black (2001 01 2002 02 2003 03 2004 04 2005 05): Automotive Got this computer cut Mat from Amazon for My 2000 Mr2 Spyder. Fits perfect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am an eye witness that the quality is awesome . All My friends agree. Customer service is awesome. I do not work for them. These are high quality. I bought some weathertech for My 67 Cutlass that suck compared to these.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have to say I've been less than thrilled with the Weathertech products on my 2013 Ford Flex. I got all three rows and the window guards.

The window guards have been taken off because they warp after about a year and rattle all the time. They also slide down when you roll the windows down. So those are pretty much garbage.

The floor mats have held up at the center, but all the sides are caved in. They're constantly getting smashed under foot, and I think they ought to be cut with more material that could potentially go up under the door sills to prevent this from happening.

I'd still take a set for the Spyder, but I just think that they're really not much better than any other brand. I've been making my own out of carpet scraps from when I had my house redone. The carpet is a light gray that kind of goes with the car. When they get filthy, I just toss them and cut a new set from a template I made.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Done. Submitted my request as well. I've had several of their vehicle-specific all weather mats in vehicles and love them. Fit and finish seems to be very good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Done but wouldn’t buy. Just don’t like the utilitarian look of their stuff. Bought some Lloyds and they actually look like they belong in in the interior as the dimples go well with the dash. They wouldn’t hold a pint of coffee in em but function well at protecting the carpet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Done but wouldn’t buy. Just don’t like the utilitarian look of their stuff. Bought some Lloyds and they actually look like they belong in in the interior as the dimples go well with the dash. They wouldn’t hold a pint of coffee in em but function well at protecting the carpet. View attachment 75213

·
Registered
18 Posts
Done but wouldn’t buy. Just don’t like the utilitarian look of their stuff. Bought some Lloyds and they actually look like they belong in in the interior as the dimples go well with the dash. They wouldn’t hold a pint of coffee in em but function well at protecting the carpet. View attachment 75213
Same as I've got...I've had so many compliments.....Looks good!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts