MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is an aftermarket seat bracket for the drivers side. My brother originally bought it last year, and it's got some paint wearing off with surface rust. It happened with the mixture of rain that got in his car, seeing as how the top is going bad. $60+shipping (I can also sand the rust away and respray the areas if you want me to)

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Wow i've been wanting to see pics of an infamous Wedge engineering seat bracket for as long as I've known that they were basically the only company making non generic seat brackets for our cars and I'm extremely glad I made my own damn brackets. :lol:

No disrespect and not to rain on your sale since theres basically no choice out there for people who really can't make this themselves but that thing looks pretty dinky. For knowledge sake could you find out how thick those flat steel plates are? And they even welded the seat belt bracket onto the main thing. That to me is a no-no because a 5ft person will have varied seat belt protection than a 6ft person. Meaning its not optimal compared to how its like stock where the seat belt holder is on the seat/rail and moves with the seat.

I guess my main displeasure comes from people on this site touting this was the cream of the crop when in actuality it was so-so and they said so because it was the only seat bracket available. I just hate when someone says something is better than it is only because they bought it and now have to live with it.

Sorry for the rant GLWS.

Theses are originally sold for 150? If five people send me $100 each i'll make these for production :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts