MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any weekend projects planned for their car?

I'm thinking of doing the frunk gap reduction.

·
Registered
684 Posts
pissing down rain here. Have to shuffle the cars around and get some of the aircon gear out of the track car for someone thats after it to fix theirs. Was going to re concrete the workshop floor so I could move one car in there to start on engine removal. Will wait for rain to ease for that one.

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
I am going to charge my battery then let it sit for another week.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pissing down rain here. Have to shuffle the cars around and get some of the aircon gear out of the track car for someone thats after it to fix theirs. Was going to re concrete the workshop floor so I could move one car in there to start on engine removal. Will wait for rain to ease for that one.
Man, that sucks! I'm in Seattle and we have been lucky; it has been sunny for a few weeks now.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Plans to change air filter, clean MAF, clay-bar and wax the car (getting it ready for a show on labor day weekend) . . . and if my TBLV comes in from the Philipines (should be here any day now) I will prime/paint and install.

Next weekend my Qwikvalve should be here and I will change the oil and oil filter. After that, and some final clean-up, car should be ready for the show. This is the same show we enetered last year where we beat-out a 1995 Farrari and an NSX for 2nd place (newer Farrari took first.).

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
I'm going to mount my RS-3's onto the 949's. Then I'm going to jack up a corner of the car, take off the wheel, disconnect the knuckle, twist the lower sleeve of the strut, then reconnect the knuckle, put the wheel back on, and lower the car to the ground. Then I'm going to get under and measure from the rail to the ground. Then I'm going to repeat this step, probably several times for each corner, until my ride height and rake is where I want it.

That's the definition of labor of love.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,818 Posts
The Spyder is going to get neglected again this weekend because I have to put my daughter's '98 Camaro back together. Right now, I have parts of it spread all over the garage. (Replacing intake manifold gaskets) I will be glad when it is done. Working on that car is a bitch compared to the Spyder.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm going to sit in my Spyder and cry a little bit because she isn't running right now...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gonna clean the spyder up and get her ready to sell. I'm looking for a newer model or a pre-modified one to replace.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am going to clean her up the morning and then mount my new front lip spoiler.

.....then unload the fire wood that has the back of my truck squated:(

·
Registered
526 Posts
Going to have my buddy help me weld mounting brackets onto my PPE header. Right now I'm making no use of the two mounts that come off the block that are intended for the stock manifold. Kinda sketchy!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have some car show stuff with the Z this weekend. If I get time I hope to get the che exhaust to stop rattling along the side of the frame, been less than impressed with the fitment...

·
Registered
614 Posts
Tear down the engine again. Remove oil pan, remove turbo and do a CSI of why it decided to die. Order parts and stuff all this stuff back in next weekend.

While I'm at it check the bearings.

·
Registered
526 Posts
weekend project was a success. we used a mig welder & its not exactly pretty. on the bigger bracket (the one that pokes out more) i feel we should have made more of a triangle shape to lengthen the actual weld, making it stronger. overall it took most of the day, measuring & test fitting. my two concerens were: 1- fitment 2 strength of welds. over time we will see how the welds hold. I am happy with the finished product as it fit like a charm!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I know this may sound like a newb question but you have me puzzled can you explain the reason behind welding brackets to the PPE header and also using celica axles? What are the benifits if any to these modifications because I'm not understanding?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts