MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
And watch it yellow with age or crack. Maybe for a race car but then I don't see the need for the height.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
If you are happy with your spyder setup, that is all that matters. Whether I like it or not is immaterial. I don't mod my spyder for anyone else but me :)

I don't care for the looks of the door cards but they don't physically bother me so they're not broke and I will not fix them.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
I just molded a base that fit the mirror gasket with smooth on epoxy. No plate required. The mirrors are heavy :) and I did save a few grams. More importantly I have rid the car for the mirror scoops that threw sand in my face driving the interstate with the windows down.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
You know the cup holder, cig lighter, ashtray assembly weighs a bit. Surprised to see it in the pic! I made up a light blank from matching upholstery to cover the hole.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
With your extreme weight reduction process I see no need for any cup holder, etc. Just pull it and make a plate from aluminum (thin) or lay up some carbon fiber if that is you thing. As long as you don't require the cig lighter for accessories all of it is not needed. I am a bit of a weight weenie but I will not spend money on titanium bolts for my bicycle to save a gram. I would rather ride for 50 miles and lose a few ounces.

A resealable water jug works without a cupholder. I almost always stop during a 5hr drive to do something. Actually you can tuck a bottle between the seat and frame.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
While you are there the rain gutter and side pockets can also be removed. The permanent hardtop makes those useless :)

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
That is the side molding. The rain gutter is in the back, it channels the water draining from the top under mount. The soft top also has openings just rear of the window where water flows into the funnel just like the rear gutter does. I expect the rubber side molding to be weather tight and if the rubber is sealed to the top it would not leak.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
It is amazing what a few psi can do, negative pressure included. Which happens first, a collapsed tank to stalled engine? Maybe even a fried fuel pump?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts