MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through some old magazines of Sport Compact I had and found this on Kumosport.com. Someone who is a little better could make this into a actual chart perhaps.

2000 MR2 Spyder (ZZW30) Component Weight Chart

Item Weight (lb)

car w/ 1/8 tank gas (indicated) 2185 +/- 4 lb
c50 transaxle 79 +/- 1 lb
front wheel 14.6
rear wheel 15.2
front tire - Yokohama 18.7 +/- 1/4 lb
rear tire - Yokohama 20.8 +/- 1/4 lb
spare w/cover & bolt 25.0
spare lid 3.0
front surround 2.8
spare bucket and support straps 8.2
"K51" tool kit 8.0
rear storage doors 5.4
rear storage floor 3.0
rear storage end covers -removable 0.8
rear storage package shelf 3.6
passenger seat 32.8
driver seat 34.6
floor mats 4.6
sun visors 1.0
wind deflector 1.4
plastic covers of brace behind seats 1.6
brace behind seats w/ latch 4.4
engine vanity cover 0.6
rear strut tower brace 1.4
power steering pump, lines, fluid 13.8
front splash shield 1.4
rear splash shield 2.0
exhaust splash shield 1.2
headlamp (1) 4.0
taillamp (1) 2.4
cowl cover 1.6
front inner fender liner 1.2
rear inner fender liner 1.0
rear bumper 10.0
tubular rear bumper braces (2) 0.6
left rear fender 10.4
right rear fender 9.8
rear deck lid (w/ stop lamp) 20.0
rear deck lid prop 0.2
side vent (1) 0.4
front bumper 8.2
front fender 4.0
front hood 22.0
front hood prop 0.4
wiper arms (2) 2.0
muffler 27.6
catalytic converter (3rd & final) 16.8
exhaust manifold cover 2.4
exhaust manifold (w/ cats) 16.2
heat shield -small 0.2
heat shield -exhaust (black) 1.2
hardware (total of removed) 3.4
OEM battery 28.0
battery mounting 2.0
intake system (pipe in fender only) 1.4
air filter 0.6

+/- 0.2 lb unless noted

Reactions: 2mAn

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkday @ Nov 12 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What kind of a chart? I'm just wondering how to ID what is what on a chart without being completely confusing.[/b]
Basically its just a chart showing you what the part is and what it weighs next to it. Not sure if thats what your asking.

·
Registered
21,830 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (triz @ Nov 11 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkday @ Nov 12 2008, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What kind of a chart? I'm just wondering how to ID what is what on a chart without being completely confusing.[/b]
Basically its just a chart showing you what the part is and what it weighs next to it. Not sure if thats what your asking.
[/b][/quote]
Spreadsheet?

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Duh...missed that. Yes thats what I meant.

·
Registered
160 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkday @ Nov 11 2008, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not sure what's confusing, this is the list that's been used by us weight loss guys for years. Triz just brought it over from kumosport.

Triz I think this is already in the library but I could be wrong. Either way it's a great list and I can't count how many times I've referenced it. Thanks in part to it my '04 will be under 2100lbs soon.

-Jerry

·
Registered
21,830 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Not sure what's confusing, this is the list that's been used by us weight loss guys for years. Triz just brought it over from kumosport.[/b]
Maybe if you took the time to read the thread you would understand that's not what we were talking about. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
160 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darkday @ Nov 11 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Not sure what's confusing, this is the list that's been used by us weight loss guys for years. Triz just brought it over from kumosport.[/b]
Maybe if you took the time to read the thread you would understand that's not what we were talking about. :icon_rolleyes:
[/b][/quote]

Actually I did consider that maybe you posted just because the format isn't a chart, but a list. I thought that would have been too meaningless of a post for even you though. Sorry I gave you too much credit! :p

-Jerry

·
Registered
160 Posts
4 more items measured on my bathroom scale:

Stock radio with mounting tabs ('03+) 5.5lb
Ashtray, cup holder, cig lighter cluster 2.0lb

Che's Front STB 3.8lb
Che's Rear STB 3.4lb

Darkday please don't post that I should've typed cigarette instead of cig, or anything else just to bump your post count.

-Jerry

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toojerry @ Nov 12 2008, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
4 more items measured on my bathroom scale:

Stock radio with mounting tabs ('03+) 5.5lb
Ashtray, cup holder, cig lighter cluster 2.0lb

Che's Front STB 3.8lb
Che's Rear STB 3.4lb

Darkday please don't post that I should've typed cigarette instead of cig, or anything else just to bump your post count.

-Jerry[/b]

+1 ya dman™ post whore!

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
I totaled it and it looks like we can lose 500 LBS !! Why has no one done all this yet.

OK, it's late, and I'm bored, sleeping soon. What i'd like to do is weight my car once the swap is done, then use this as a reference to try to get the weight back towards stock, not sure what it's at now, but I know the Hard Dog bar added a lot, and I didn't lose much. We will see.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Midlyph should be able to do that. If I remember correctly, he has 2 headers, one with and one without, in his garage.
If really necessary, I can weigh mine with precat, but I'll have to find it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The weight-with-precat is already up there. I just need to know what mine weighs now that I have gutted it. Che's header is something like 8lbs if i remember correctly, but i'd imagine stock without cats would be slightly heavier.

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
to add to the list:
2003+ stock seats are slightly heavier (about 2 lbs?)
2003+ spare tire is ~42lb (20 lb more than 2000-2002)
2003+ rear wheels are ~19 lb each (~4 lb each more than 2000-2002)

many of the things on the list have some critical function, or are worth their weight. For example, the "splash shields" and "fender liners" also serve aerodynamic functions (particularly the front fender liners. I can feel the difference at legal highway speeds with the front fender liners removed.)

Don't pick tires or sways on the basis of weight. A tire's grip means so much more than it's weight that the weight should be considered irrelevant. A sway bar's stiffness is directly related to it's weight. hollow bars get a little advantage, but that's it, heavier is stiffer. Pick the stiffness you need, not the lighter weight bar.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts